The Project Assistant will provide administrative, financial, logistical, and technical support to projects within the Project Delivery Unit (PDU). This will include the support of project management efforts and technical implementation with an aim of delivering excellence to clients. This is a full-time position reporting to a Manager or Senior Manager in the PDU.
The Project Assistant will support the day-to-day management and implementation of USAID and/or Department of State-funded aspects of client relationship management, working closely with clients and partners to plan, implement, and troubleshoot issues that arise during project implementation. The Project Assistant will also work closely with both the PDU and Sector Teams to ensure technical excellence is an integral part of project delivery. A matrixed, and integrated relationship with the Sector Teams will enable the Assistant to receive technical guidance and mentoring from Sector Team Directors on Resonance’s technical best practices. S/he will establish ongoing communication and collaboration with the relevant members of the Sector teams to ensure technical alignment across project activities. They may also support billable tasks on Resonance’s commercial team, as appropriate.
- Maintain & update project financial management tools
- Generate project budget reports for Resonance decision-makers
- Draft, submit, manage and track client approvals
- Draft effective and accurate communications to clients and partners
- Review and submit consultant invoices, draft communications to project personnel, assist with recruitment documentation
- Liaise with consultants to plan travel, generate consulting agreements, and complete expense reports
- Maintain, update, and improve company databases, including SharePoint, document retention systems, and knowledge management tools
- Support technical research tasks to ensure activity execution
- Provide support to technical leads in data collection, analysis, synthesis, and communication
- Draft general project correspondence, approvals, reports, web-site updates, presentations, and other miscellaneous documents
- Provide project support to the commercial team, as appropriate and as the opportunity arises
- Provide ad-hoc business development support, as needed
- Other tasks as needed
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 0 – 2 years of professional experience
- Proven capability in research and /or analytical work
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT) and OSX applications
- Understanding of and demonstrated passion for global development
- Preferred Education, Experience, and Competencies
- Fluency in French, Spanish, or Arabic
- Client focus (internal and external)
- Problem solving orientation
- Ability to foster open communication and actively listen
- Relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks/workstreams simultaneously
- Adaptability & flexibility
- Drive and commitment
$45,000.00 - $48,000.00
Work Environment & Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Ability to travel up to 30% internationally on short notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
US work authorization required.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of Resonance is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Resonance hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Resonance believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.