Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
The primary function of the Project Associate is to provide project management and proposal assistance within the Implementation and Management Solutions (IMS) Division of Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) with a focus on the Conflict Management and Stabilization portfolio. The role supports the IMS division with administrative needs to support IMS project management and business development efforts, such as processing payments, getting contracts in place etc., as well as broader project management and business development functions, including partner relationship management, recruiting support, proposal management, and other business development support in a flexible, dynamic work environment. The selected candidate will work collaboratively with Dexis support units, partners, contracts, finance, and HR/Recruiting. The selected candidate is expected to communicate clearly and courteously, and to develop and maintain positive relationships both internally and externally. The job requires adherence to Dexis policies & procedures.
- Support proposal development across the division in response to requests for proposals for field-based projects including written inputs, budget inputs, recruitment, and general coordination of proposals
- Assists in general client engagement
- Provides scheduled and ad-hoc financial and/or budget reports for projects
- Reviews and edits reports and deliverables for internal and external use including client deliverables
- Assists with project startups, including employment and consultant recruitment and onboarding, installation of administrative, logistical, and accounting systems in the field, hiring of local staff, mobilizing subcontractors, and managing office and housing arrangements
- Contributes to the project(s) and its personnel to maintain the proper direction in fulfillment of the contract scope of work. Reviews and provides comments on progress reports, work plans and other documents to ensure compliance with company standards and contract requirements. Works collaboratively with project team and clients to contribute to administrative, technical or evaluation work in the field.
- Provides administrative support such as processing invoices, expense reports, timesheets, reviewing invoices; subcontractor deliverables and invoices; fielding consultants and other project specific support.
- Maintain the administrative systems for the project management unit; filing; correspondence, other documentation.
- Assist in recruitment, hiring and monitoring of project staff and consultants, ensuring personnel meet technical requirements for contract positions. Assist in negotiations for scopes of work with field team, developing position qualifications, and determining recruitment sources to use.
- Serve as liaison with Dexis support units to ensure project compliance with Dexis regulations.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of years of work experience in international development or other relevant fields
- Experience in business development with USAID or other US government agencies and offices preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated prioritization, organization, planning, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn new audiences quickly and identify new opportunities for business, non-traditional partners, and next generation technical strategies
- Excellent writing, editing, communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely and to write for diverse audiences.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure with diverse teams and manage production schedules
- Skills in Microsoft Office, particularly in Word (advanced document formatting).
- Experience contributing to major bid proposals in the governance, stabilization, countering violent extremism sectors.
- Proficiency in French or Spanish or Russian or Arabic.
- Commitment to Dexis’ core values, mission, and objectives.
- Able to work in a high-energy team supporting the needs and requests of the field team.
- Able to take initiative and/or independently respond to situations.
- Superior attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
- Proven effective communication skills with managers, colleagues, partners, and clients.
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands.
- Professional and mature demeanor and conduct, especially during interactions with the client and its constituents.
- Sound judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Highly self-motivated with demonstrated ability to be proactive and work independently.
- Able to translate organizational priorities into actionable processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.