The USAID Food Security Service Center II (FSSC II) is a five-year project managed by International Development Group (IDG). It was launched in June 2019 with the overarching goal of supporting USAID’s Bureau for Resilience and Food Security (RFS) in providing a broad range of integrated and knowledge-driven technical services to USAID Missions, USAID/Washington, and other USG operating units.
The FSSC II is seeking a French speaking and experienced Project Design Specialist to lead the development of Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Project Appraisal Document (PAD) and related assessments and procurement documentation (SOW, PD, etc.). This is a remote assignment for 40 days of LOE over an 8-week period. Ideally, the candidate would start mid to late August.
· Collate and revise existing materials and documents and on drafting required documents.
· Work closely with the WASH team in identifying priorities and data needed for the design process.
· Facilitate consultations with key stakeholders.
· Facilitate sector analysis.
· Provide PAD design and support.
· Facilitate the PAD design process through leading discussions and developing an approach to implementing the results framework presented in the High Priority Country Plan.
· Review other associated WASH procurement documents to ensure quality and representation of overall objectives as needed.
· At minimum, master’s degree in a development sector.
· At least fifteen years of experience managing international development programs.
· Previous work experience in all aspects of technical program design and analysis, supported by strong leadership and professionalism.
· Some demonstrated experience with WASH or natural resource management.
· Excellent writing and oral communication skills and demonstrated analytical skills
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams, to build consensus and coordinate activities with external actors in a multi-cultural setting.
· Thorough knowledge of international development principles, program and project development, budgeting, management and analytical skills to assess activity feasibility required.
· Knowledge of USAID procurement regulations, policies, procedures, and directives related to strategic development, programming, project development, approval, implementation, results review, performance monitoring and evaluation is needed. Must be familiar with PAD-related guidance (ADS 200 – Programming Policy and ADS 201 - Program Cycle Operational Policy).
· Ability to read French and operate at minimum at a 2/2 level.
About the Organization
Come join our energetic and innovative team! To learn more about International Development Group, please visit our website: https://www.internationaldevelopmentgroup.com/
IDG is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.