Making Cents International is recruiting for a Project Director for an anticipated USAID-funded project titled Designing Effective eVidence-based Engagement and Learning for Organizational Performance (DEVELOP). DEVELOP will primarily support USAID’s Center for Education in strengthening its organizational capacity to lead in the education sector, with a particular focus on organizational effectiveness, professional development of USAID education staff, knowledge management, and communications.
The Project Director will be responsible for overall project leadership, management, technical direction, oversight, and quality. The Project Director will be the primary point-of-contact for USAID and the COR for all matters pertaining to the contract. S/he will be responsible for day-to-day management of contract activities and will drive the project’s vision and strategy. The position is based in Washington, DC.
- Provide strategic oversight and technical direction for the project
- Oversee all technical and management inputs to ensure achievement of project objectives
- Lead work planning and financial planning and provide quality control of all deliverables
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID, including Center for Education and other USAID Operating Units expected to be served by the project
- Oversee all project operations, staff, and subcontractors
- Bachelor’s’ degree in a related field; advanced degree preferred
- Fifteen years of progressively responsible management experience in international development, with previous experience leading USAID projects preferred
- Expertise in organizational learning, including knowledge management, organizational development, leadership coaching, and/or organizational strategic planning
- Extensive experience creating and managing complex teams and providing client services
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, and the ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, team building, and mentorship skills
About the Organization
Making Cents is a results-driven women-owned small business founded on the principles of social entrepreneurship. Since our founding in 1999, we have been fostering human potential and promoting economic opportunities for disadvantaged populations around the world. We have implemented more than 130 projects in over 60 countries to date and are a trusted partner to public- and private-sector clients who benefit from our expertise and broad industry exposure.
Making Cents International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics