Job Title: Project Director, Community Engagement for Integrated Catchment Management in Lesotho
Reports To: Head of Programs
As Project Director of the CRS-implemented “Community Engagement for Integrated Catchment Management in Lesotho” project, you will provide leadership and overall management to the CRS project activities within the grant agreement between CRS and GIZ. Your leadership, management and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality project implementation in line with CRS’ program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines and industry best practice through engagement with government and other key stakeholders.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
* Master’s Degree in Natural Resource Management, Civil Engineering or related field
* Minimum of five years relevant working experience in an advisory or management role with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of five years working for programming interventions in NRM/ICM
* Prior experience with implementation of similar interventions and working closely with government ministries.
* Strong knowledge of Lesotho context and relationships with key stakeholders will be an added advantage.
* Demonstrated application of technical principles and concepts in NRM/ICM programming. General knowledge of agriculture and livelihoods programming to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach
* Experience in business development, project design and proposal development including technical writing.
* Experience in mentoring, coaching, facilitation and training applying adult learning principles and practices.
* Experience with program monitoring and evaluation, including applying data collection tools and methodologies, data analysis, and data presentation.
* Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners.
* Understanding of partnership principles.
* Strong knowledge and experience in budget management.
* Demonstrated experience of successful program management, including management of complex, high-value, multi-activity projects.
* 5 years of staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment. Experience coaching senior program staff.
* Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership strategy a plus.
* Ability to represent and present at high levels.
* Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Excellent relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings.
* Strong strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Strong presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
* Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
* Understanding of ICM/NRM within the context of Lesotho highly desirable
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Strong written and oral English skill
Travel Required: Up to 30% of travel required
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.