This activity is expected to improve the collection and use of high quality routine information in the health sector, contributing to improved quality, efficiency, and availability of primary health and nutrition services at all levels. The ultimate objective is to assist the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) - Ethiopia roll out electronic modular components required to create a robust health information system for analytics and decision making.
- Provide strategic leadership to all consortium partners for building, managing and growing the EIS project in Ethiopia, and setting yearly objectives.
- Be responsible for coordination between the EIS team, the Federal Ministry of Health (HMOH), the Data Use Partnership (DUP) and implementing partners.
- Coordinate implementation of the health information revolution roadmap of Ethiopia in support of the Health Sector Transformation Plan (HSTP).
- Oversee project implementation and management for establishing and managing the EIS deployment teams and working with the staff at different levels of the health system.
- Analyze complex electronic information system needs to envision, design and lead strategy, development and implementation of technical solutions.
- Support development of in-country capacity amongst FHI 360 local staff and partners with respect to business analysis, software development, and health information system design and implementation.
- Represent FHI 360 at regional and country-level EIS meetings and forums as appropriate.
- Liaise as appropriate with: -Ethiopia, Country Missions, and other donor institutions; international organizations; Serve in various committees, technical working groups/task forces and teams both internal and external to FHI 360-Ethiopia.
- Contribute to resource development efforts: identify resource development opportunities; lead or participate in proposal development process.
- Ensure information flow in regard to the project which includes periodic staff meetings and monthly update meetings; keeping appropriate Country Director informed of program progress and issues; identify project “best practices”.
- Ensure application of FHI 360 policies and procedures to the project
- Ensure appropriate level of confidentiality and integrity of sensitive information
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Country Representative
- Demonstrated technical and programmatic knowledge and experience
- Proven skills in management, supervision, leadership and networking
- Proven skills in design and implementation of programs and services
- Demonstrated track record in establishing and delivering successful methodologies and expertise at the program level
- Have experience in the development and implementation of large scale multi-faceted electronic health systems, use of project management tools and fostering collaborative work environments, able to mentor all levels of the EIS program management staff, and excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Be a dynamic, energetic, highly organized and experienced individual who will be responsible for all staff members working on the EIS Project
- Strong communication in English language is required
Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s Degree in Health Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related field and a minimum 10 years professional experience with proven managerial responsibilities in a complex environment. A PhD will be an added advantage.
- Professional experience must include at least (5) five year of the following focus areas: strategy and policy, business management, systems engineering, systems implementations in a low-resource country, organizational leadership, project management, and/or informatics.
- Experience managing a USAID funded project is required.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.