Overview of the Position
The Project Finance Administrator has the responsibility to support and strengthen the project team in managing financial and non-financial data for SNV project in the sector of agriculture. S/he will ensure accounting and reporting regulations using data and input from colleagues aimed at a complete and up to date insight on the financial performance of the programme. The position holder will also perform administrative work and maintain appropriate internal controls and financial records of the programme. S/he will collect, record (financial) data into systems, analyze, take appropriate actions in case of deviations, prepare the financial reports including HR and/or project related data to the donor and to SNV according the donor- and SNV project management, accounting- and control framework policies and procedures and under guidance and directions of the Project Manager in order to ensure full administrative compliance, data accessibility and accurate insights at any time for the Programme. The Project Finance Administrator will work in close collaboration with the project and finance officers in the countries as well as with the Country Finance Manager.
- Ensures monitoring and execution of financial and related activities e.g. annual budgeting, administration, procurement and logistics in line with all applicable legislations and regulations and applicable guidelines;
- Collects, reviews, analyses and interprets (trends in) financial and non-financial data, drafts financial and administrative reports on project/fund/donor financial and non-financial indicators, using the corporate reporting formats and within donor guidelines;
- Prepares and communicates on budgets, communicates and monitors procedures, guidelines and work instructions for financial administration for the programme;
- Checks and consolidates financial data for the programme/fund, ensures processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable, tax related requirements, carries out reconciliation of administrations, manages the ledger accounts as well as manages and maintains cash and liquidity levels, aligned to financial regulations, SNV financial standards and donor requirements;
- Provides financial data and analyses to relevant internal and external parties as input for further decision-making and handling as well as answers questions regarding financial administration and data, based on requests and procedures;
- Conducts internal compliance, identifies and addresses risk areas and implements measures to minimise the risk of irregularities in consultation with the Programme Manager;
- Monitoring of all financial transactions according to donor and SNV authorisations and procedures, especially the procurement regulations;
- Ensures accurate and timely financial reports to donor;
- Prepare, check and communicate forecasts and project depletion of the programme.
- A finance professional, with strong experience in Finance and Administration and understanding of the core financial and accountancy processes and, can act as discussion partner on a project level for financial matters;
- Academic qualification in Accounting and/or Finance;
- At least 3 years of experience in finance and accounting for international organisations or private institutions, non-profit sector preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of donor regulations and compliance issues related to management of donor funds;
- Experience in Grant accounting/management;
- Proven experience in risk management;
- Attention to details, preciseness in the execution of tasks, solution-oriented working approach and negotiation;
- Excellent communication and organisation skills, including the ability to articulate financial data to the non-financial audience;
- Ability to establish and maintain working relations in a multi-cultural environment;
- Proficiency /Knowledge of Microsoft Office and skill in the use of Excel, including complex/compound spreadsheets and other accounting package is essential;
- Experience in SAP/SAP by Design system is a clear advantage;
- Excellent command of English language both written and spoken.
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted on a 2-year basis with the possibility of renewal on local terms and conditions. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a competitive secondary benefit package.
How to Apply
Please submit your application via SmartRecruiters on or before 20 July 2018 if you wish to be considered for this position. All information will be in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
About the Organization
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization, working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
For more information on SNV's operation visit our website: www.snv.org