TITLE: Project Finance Manager, Community Partnerships for Respectful Care (CPRC) Project
LOCATION: Stamford, CT, USA
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party, Community Partnerships for Respectful Care (CPRC) Project
ASSIGNMENT TYPE: Full-time
ABOUT AMERICARES: Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches more than 90 countries, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine and medical supplies. Americares is the world’s leading nonprofit provider of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org.
POSITION SUMMARY: We are seeking aProject Finance Manager to oversee all financial and accounting activities for the USAID-funded, five-year Community Partnerships for Respectful Care (CPRC) Project. This position will ensure that Americares has the financial management capacity to effectively and efficiently utilize USAID funds. The Project Finance Manager will, in coordination with the Country Directors, supervise the work of Country Field Office Finance Officers in Liberia and Tanzania in regard to the CPRC Project. S/he will report to the HQ-based CPRC Project Chief of Party under the supervision of the CFO/SVP for Operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. In coordination with Americares Finance Department, develop and implement project financial management systems and procedures.
2. Ensure financial transactions abide by necessary internal approvals and controls according to Americares financial policies and procedures.
3. Take the lead on project financial and strategic planning in coordination with Chief of Party and Technical Director.
4. Ensure all accounting and reporting of the project is done accurately and efficiently.
5. In coordination with Americares Finance Department, prepare and deliver all accounting and financial reports required by USAID according to deadlines.
6. Prepare and deliver in a timely manner project budgets and reforecasts and conduct regular budget vs actual analysis.
7. Provide insight and analysis of financial results, identifying underlying trends and challenges on the business performance by reporting Key Financial Performance Indicators.
8. Prepare monthly procurement and cash flow forecasts with input from relevant headquarters and field-based managers.
9. Conduct pre-award risk assessments to ensure sub-recipients have capacity to manage USAID funds.
10. Review field offices operations and audit sub-recipients to ensure financial controls are established and being followed.
11. Review integrity of financial data supplied by field financial accounting team both using the local and HQ systems.
12. Ensure compliance with USAID regulations.
13. Assist with planning and preparing schedules for internal and external audits.
14. Interact on a day-to-day basis with both field and HQ management and Finance. Correspond with others in the project and other departments to ensure proper accounting and funding for purchases and expenses.
15. Train and mentor non-finance personnel in creating budgets.
16. Assist in the completion of other finance and accounting tasks, as assigned.
CORE AMERICARES RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Foster Americares values of responsiveness, results orientation, collaboration, efficiency and integrity.
· Coach, support and develop department staff to increase individual and team effectiveness.
· Develop and manage implementation of plans to increase department operating performance, including SOPs and other efficiency initiatives.
· A minimum of a BS; a CPA and/or MBA is preferred.
· Significant experience in or knowledge of non-profit accounting, including at least 8 years managing USAID and/or other US Government funding.
· Track record that includes working knowledge of US Government rules and regulations, cost tracking, NICRA rate and A133 audit processes.
· Experience in a senior financial management role resulting in the development and implementation of financial management and accounting systems.
· Ability to represent Americares externally, particularly to USAID, and provide leadership on core financial and operational issues.
· Experience with Tier 1 or 2 Financial Systems at HQ and QuickBooks in the Field.
· Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages.
· Willingness to travel up to 25 percent of time to Washington, DC as well remote locations in Liberia and Tanzania.
· Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
· Passion for our mission and the desire to work within the global health/emergency response sector.
· Strong problem-solving skills – demonstrated ability to apply creative solutions, work effectively in highly fluid and stressful circumstances.
· Interest and knowledge of accounting theory and thought leadership around best practices and trends in the non-profit financial accounting industry.
· Self-starter with ability to function as a team player among peers.
· Strong Excel skills for creating financial models.
· Strong PowerPoint skills, proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook required.