World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Project Manager - BMZ Project, South Sudan, you will oversee project implementation and financial management, including oversight and coordination of the local partner (SSGID) and national staff who are implementing different components of the projects. You will develop and execute, a practical blend of organization development modules at individual (skills transfer), organization (policies/procedures) and societal levels (culture) targeting project partners and local government actors. The BMZ project will increase focus on deepening of smallholder farmers’ food security initiatives, strengthened community cohesion through the support of farmers groups to promote self-learning, marketing associations and increased resilience among mothers and caregivers who will be equipped with food production, nutrition and maternal, infant and young child nutrition skills.
- Minimum Master’s degree in Agriculture, Food Security, Rural/International development or a related field with relevant work experience.
- Good experience of Project Cycle Management with special focus on Food Security and Nutrition Project.
- Technical expertise in managing Food Security and Nutrition projects like Agricultural Extension, seed multiplication and post-harvest management.
- Technical skills in Nutrition Sensitive approaches, Mother, Infant, Youth, and Child Nutrition feeding model (MIYCN).
- At least five years of international experience in emergency relief and development project management in fragile or challenging contexts with responsibility of overseeing comprehensive food security projects of similar size and complexity.
- Willingness to take up the position and residence in a fragile context; Preference for candidates with previous work experience in South Sudan.
- Proven ability to manage projects in a complex setting including effective coordination with local partner and host country government.
- Proven experience and skills of capacity building of local partner, government and project staffs.
- Fluency in English.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 22 DEC 2017. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.