The Good Governance Fund Lot 2A is a Technical Assistance Facility (TAF) funded by the UK, which will provide the detailed design and delivery of tailored technical assistance and capacity building projects across Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine.
The Project Manager will join the team in Kiev and will support, among other things, the financial, procurement, administration, logistics and all operational aspects of assigned projects.
In more specific details, the Project Manager will:
- Support the financial, procurement, administration, logistics and all operational aspects of assigned projects
- Supervise performance of Project Coordinator and liaise as required with Country offices on project matters
- Support procurement, negotiation and contracting with consultants and delivery partners, including due diligence and ensuring all downstream delivery partners comply with DFID’s supply partner code of conduct.
- Ensure adherence to programme specific procedures, tools and templates (Operations Manual).
- In consultation with Project Management Lead and Country Offices, ensure an effective risk management approach is adopted and that risks are identified, managed, communicated and escalated.
- Contribute to ensuring a healthy organisation culture, promoting equality and inclusion for all, and to continual improvement of operational and programme delivery systems and processes.
- 5+ years of experience managing programme operations
- Proven track record in contributing to large scale programmes
- Experience in the procurement of technical assistance; consultants and organisational partners, ideally in an adaptive programming context
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience of overseeing financial management functions and work planning
- Experience of negotiating, conducting due diligence and managing organisational partners and consultants.
- Experience of developing and establishing operational procedures and structures
- Experience of contributing to high quality donor reporting
- Experience in managing stakeholders from government, civil society and donors
- Experience of donor-funded programmes desirable
- Fluency in English, and an Eastern Partnership country language – particularly Ukrainian – desirable
- An understanding of governance programming is desirable
- Right to work in Ukraine
For Further Information and Application Details
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associate’s website, and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key requirements as outlined in the Terms of Reference available to download once redirected to the vacancy page. A full description of the role will be available too.
The closing date for applications is 12 August 2020.
We welcome and thank all applications however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Please note, candidates will need to have the right to work in Ukraine.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.