Job DescriptionAbout Us
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking a Project Manager to oversee the Research for Effective Education Programming – Africa contract. This contract aims to generate Africa regional and country specific education data, analysis, and research, and to disseminate this knowledge through trainings and other appropriate forums, such as detailed reports, data briefs, and evaluations. The primary objective of REEP-Africa (REEP-A) is to provide the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Africa Bureau and Mission offices, as well as partner organizations, with evidence to assist in the prioritization of needs and inform sound education investments. REEP-A also contributes to the capacity development of education personnel and partners by enhancing the use of research in decision-making, mainstreaming the application of feedback-loops and lessons learned into project design and implementation, and expanding the evidence and knowledge base on education initiatives.
The Project Manager position will provide significant project management and supervision. The role involves extensive program management experience, building and maintaining direct client and partner relationships, research, analysis, strong writing skills, and intelligence gathering in a flexible, dynamic work environment. The incumbent is expected to: communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, and co-workers; and to work respectfully with Dexis colleagues. The job requires adherence to Dexis policies & procedures.
- Serve as primary liaison with USAID on management and technical matters.
- Responsible for the overall management, coordination and implementation of the project including ensuring deliverables meet Dexis quality standards and are submitted on time and liaising with subcontractors to develop scopes of work, provide feedback on deliverables, ensure work is meeting standards, etc.
- Supervise activity implementation and ensure the activity meets stated goals, outcomes, benchmarks and reporting requirements. He/she must manage a system to track progress towards meeting deliverables.
- Coordinate with the technical team for technical reviews of major deliverables and provide project operations assistance to technical staff.
- Oversee the project’s financial and administrative systems including reporting and finances. This includes providing input and ensuring accuracy of budget projections and tracking, reviewing and approving Dexis and subcontractor invoices, ensuring that project files are up to date and filed appropriately, and providing oversight and approval for subcontractor spending.
- Undertake any other duties which may from time to time be required.
- Master’s Degree in related field, with at least six (6) years of related experience managing and coordinating development programs, or a Bachelor’s Degree and at least eight (8) years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience with financial management of budgets, procurements and contractual matters.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex, time sensitive, high-quality activities and work collaboratively with institutional, government, and private sector partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience with USAID contracts.
- Demonstrated experience with client management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated experience managing research, evaluation/social science research, or working with international education is strongly desired.
- Experience working with the Africa region preferred.
- Professional proficiency in French preferred.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.