Project Manager for design review and construction supervision of a 20MW PV solar power plant with Battery Storage and 33kV grid connection in West Africa.
Qualifications and skills
· A degree in electrical/civil engineering or other relevant area. A higher qualification such as MSc degree or MBA is desirable
· Up-to-date knowledge of grid connected solar photovoltaic power plants and associated battery storage and SCADA systems.
· Knowledge of capital costs and construction techniques.
· Ability to lead and command the respect of team of international experts through design and construction activities.
· Sound judgment and ability to provide detailed technical, commercial, environmental, social and managerial evaluation.
· Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English and a high sense of organization and responsibility
· A minimum of 15 years of relevant professional experience in designing, planning, managing and supervising works related to design and construction of grid connected solar PV power plants and battery storage systems of at least 10MW capacity.
· Having managed at least 5 international supply and installation projects of a similar nature.
· Experience in managing International Financial Institutions (IFI) funded power sector projects.
· Experience in managing similar project in Sub Sah
About the Organization
AZOROM is an independent private company that provides services to the electricity sector in Ireland and throughout the world. It has its headquarters in Dublin, Ireland.
The company was formed in 2001 with the objective of providing added value and quality services to its clients in all aspects of the electricity business. This first class service is provided through a combination of highly qualified staff and emphasis on careful management of projects to a successful conclusion.
AZOROM is independent of manufacturers and suppliers and can provide totally independent advice and assistance.
The company’s knowledge and know-how derives from the vast skills and experience of its experts in the areas of engineering, accounting, economics, regulation, human resources and management. A unique quality of the company is the experience of its experts deployed on projects.
Apart from wide ranging consulting experience, AZOROM experts generally come from line positions in utilities, regulators and government ministries. Therefore, they not only bring the deep knowledge and understanding of issues but also the practical experience of having implemented best international practice themselves.
Since its establishment, AZOROM has worked with energy institutions (ministries, utilities, regulators) and companies in Ireland and in various parts of the world including European Union, South America, Eastern Europe, CIS, Balkans, Mediterranean, Africa and Far East.
AZOROM has worked on projects funded by private sources and on projects funded by institutions such as WB, MCC, EC, KfW, SECO, AfD, UN.
AZOROM is intent on delivering expert advice and services at good value for money through professionally experienced and competent staff that are culturally sensitive and can develop fruitful working relationships with client and beneficiary.