Project Manager [Surge Position]
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Humanitarian and Stabilisation Operations Team (HSOT) is contracted through Palladium International Limited by the Department for International Development (DFID) to provide humanitarian, emergency and Stabilisation support services to DFID and the Stabilisation Unit (SU).
Project Manager Roster
HSOT’s Project Manager Roster Pool provides candidates with an opportunity to work within HSOT’s Operations teams. This is an excellent opportunity to work within the humanitarian/stabilisation field and the successful candidate will have extensive exposure to back-office operations of international aid work; and the chance to build on and develop organisation, prioritisation and budgeting skills, as well as stakeholder and project management skills.
The role focusses on administration and coordination, providing an opportunity to enter and to progress within deployments and support functions of international aid and stabilisation work.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate a real interest in and commitment to providing high quality, project management, administrative support and delivering an excellent coordination function.
HSOT has Operations teams supporting both DFID humanitarian operations and SU Stabilisation work. This surge pool is for those interested in applying for roles that come up in our teams supporting these two departments. Candidates will have the opportunity to specify their preference for work supporting DFID and/or the Stabilisation Unit.
Main Job Purpose
To support DFID’s humanitarian and stabilisation work in acute and chronic contexts, by supporting the deployment and management of humanitarian and stabilisation experts into crises around the world.
- Provide administrative support to the team according to prioritised needs. This will include:
- Manage portfolio of deployment projects, managing full deployment cycle from candidate selection stage to demobilisation of deployee. Includes liaison with DFID/FCO offices and UN agencies, arranging travel, monitoring welfare and performance of deployees, issuing kit and supporting on invoice submission
- Undertake liaison with the Security Adviser on duty of care requirements and issues and acting as the first point of contact for deployed consultants on security issues/ welfare issues.
- Drafting of project budgets and forecasting. Maintenance of project accounts and reporting to the client. Responsible to ensure accurate budget management
- Process expenses and invoices for contracted staff
- Working closely with the HR team to provide administrative operational support to DFID in event of a rapid onset humanitarian response. Includes deploying personnel rapidly at short notice with occasional out of hours working, dependent upon the nature of the emergency response
- Assist with routine administrative reporting as required
Required Qualifications: Requirements
- Experience in administration and expense management
- Experience in budget management
- Outstanding organisational skills in terms of planning, managing information, controlling timelines and meeting deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and proven experience of building excellent working relationships, both internal and external.
- Proven ability to communicate complex procedures and situations to varied stakeholders/clients
- Proven ability to deal with a varied, demanding, often conflicting and rapidly changing workload.
- Experience of dealing with staff working or deploying overseas would be an advantage.
- Experience of managing induction and deployment processes would be an advantage