London based, permanent role
Values-driven, global organisation specialising in the international development sector
Abt Associates a mission-driven, global leader with a proven track record in complex program implementation in the international development sector. We offer bold solutions and technical excellence in Health, Economic Growth, Governance, Research & Evaluation, Environment & Energy, Gender Equality & Social Inclusion. Working with our many partners, we have driven measurable social impact for more than 55 years, to achieve our mission of improving the quality of life and economic well-being of people worldwide. We operate in remote and challenging environments and employ more than 3,700 staff in over 50 countries.
Abt Britain is pursuing an ambitious growth strategy and has been awarded contracts exceeding GBP 32 million in the past 12 months alone, delivering projects across sub-Saharan Africa, Eastern Europe, South Asia, and South America. We aim to build a market leadership position in the UK, deepening relationships with the Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office as well as pursuing development and social impact projects for a diverse range of government, foundations, private and multilateral clients. We are expanding our Global Development Practice with investment in key technical roles across Governance, Health, Economic Growth and Climate, to provide deep technical expertise across projects and proposals for various donors globally.
Abt Britain is looking for a Proposal Manager to join our growing and talented team in London.
The Proposal Manager will be responsible, among other things, for supporting Abt Britain to scale its work in the UK, including managing proposals, supporting the development of business development systems and processes and in contributing to broader business development initiatives.
We are seeking an individual who will bring:
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with FCDO required, other UK Government clients or other European donors preferred
- Demonstrated business development experience, including capture, proposal writing and proposal management, preferably on winning proposals for commercial contracts
- Demonstrated commercial awareness and acumen
- Ability to manage risk and compliance
- Ability to communicate persuasively and effectively verbally and in writing
- Dynamism and the ability to problem solve
- Experience in managing risk and compliance
- Ability to handle high volume of priorities and to manage junior staff, as required
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills and a good-humoured approach to challenge
- Relevant post-graduate qualification
- Experience or knowledge in technical areas of health systems strengthening, governance, adaptive management, gender and/or MERL preferred
Further Information & How to Apply
Refer to the ‘Position Description’ link to view full details and key requirements for this opportunity.
Please submit your application online via the Careers Page of the Abt Associates website, including your CV and cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this role.
We welcome and thank all applicants however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 27 May 2021
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.