The Malaysia Blue Ocean Strategy Institute is looking for a Protocol Officer & Executive Assistant to Board & CEO. This position is based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and requires relocation to Malaysia and a commitment to staying within the region for a minimum of 3 years. This position provides the opportunity to observe and assist clients at the highest level in the arena of international business and international politics.
Malaysia Blue Ocean Strategy Institute (MBOSI) is both an academic institute and a think tank/advisory firm that utilizes the theoretical frameworks of blue ocean strategy to create powerful solutions that are high impact, low cost, and rapidly executed. The Institute’s mission is to support the public sector to achieve its future goals by applying blue ocean strategy while establishing a community of BOS thinkers and practitioners.
Through National Blue Ocean Strategy, over 80 ministries and agencies - from the police and military, to women, youth, and higher education organizations - are collaborating to formulate and execute creative blue ocean strategy initiatives that are transforming the country. For more information on how Blue Ocean Strategy has been adopted in Malaysia’s public sector, please refer to http://www.blueoceanstrategy.com/malaysia-nbos/.
- Manage, plan, coordinate and execute all aspects of protocol support for MBOSU’s senior leadership and their distinguished guests
- Plan, coordinate and execute high-level foreign and domestic visits/functions, ceremonies and special events hosted by the senior leadership. This will include logistic coordination through advance market research to identify potential site locations, facility selections, gift exchanges, invitations, seating arrangements, press coverage arrangements, etc.
- Arrange corporate travel and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas; scheduling and booking transportation; arranging lodging and meeting accommodations
- Guide senior leadership away from etiquette or cultural mistakes and help the leaders forge important relationships without making embarrassing blunders
- Formulate, develop and implement protocol policies, strategy goals, objectives and programs for the team
- Develop and maintain reliable sources of information from government, interest groups and other organizations that provide timely and accurate data on political, economic, and social developments of different countries
- Develop and maintain a current mailing list of key contacts with appropriate bios and background. Contact government officials to arrange meetings or obtain information on current or future programmes
- Assist in writing journal articles and book chapters
- Provide administrative and research support for the senior leadership which includes maintaining records and filing of important reference documents of high confidentiality
- In line with team spirit, work on other special tasks assigned by the members of MBOSI Board, MBOSI Dean/Institute Executive Fellow, where his/her experience and skills are an asset and/or immediate shortage of personnel capabilities require so
- May be required to work and/or be “on call” after normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends or holidays and attend periodic command and/or civic related social functions and related events after normal duty hours
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Psychology or Sociology from a prestigious University; Master’s degree and/or Ph.D. preferred
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in related field with minimum 1 year experience in Asia (Assistant level: more than 3 years/Associate level: more than 5 years/Mid-career: More than 7 years/Senior level: 10+ years and minimum 5 years within BOSN)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Native English speaker preferred
- High level of commitment. We are seeking candidates who can grow with the organization for the next 5 years or more
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow-through with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to quickly adjust to different cultures and share responsibilities and rewards within a team
- Positive and proactive attitude
To apply, please submit a cover letter and your most updated resume to email@example.com. Please contact our HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries. Please note that this position has no direct affiliation with INSEAD Blue Ocean Strategy Institute or UCSI Blue Ocean Strategy Regional Center.
About the Organization
About Blue Ocean Strategy (BOS)
Based on a study of 150 strategic moves spanning more than a hundred years and thirty industries, Professors Kim and Mauborgne argue that tomorrow’s leading companies will succeed not by battling competitors, but by creating "blue oceans" of uncontested market space ripe for growth. Such strategic moves—termed "value innovation"—create powerful leaps in value for both the firm and its buyers, rendering rivals obsolete and unleashing new demand.
Blue Ocean Strategy provides a systematic approach to making the competition irrelevant. In this frame-changing book, Professors Kim and Mauborgne present a proven analytical framework and the tools for successfully creating and capturing blue oceans. Examining a wide range of strategic moves across a host of industries, Blue Ocean Strategy highlights the six principles that every company can use to successfully formulate and execute blue ocean strategies. The six principles show how to reconstruct market boundaries, focus on the big picture, reach beyond existing demand, get the strategic sequence right, overcome organizational hurdles, and build execution into strategy.
Upending traditional thinking about strategy, Blue Ocean Strategy charts a bold new path to winning the future.
About Blue Ocean Strategy Network (BOSN)
The Blue Ocean Strategy Network (BOSN) is a global community of practice on the Blue Ocean Strategy (BOS) family of concepts and methodologies created by Professors W. Chan Kim & Renee Mauborgne. BOSN practitioners work with corporations, national governments, and nonprofits in the pursuit of creating blue oceans. Engagements include keynote speeches on Blue Ocean Strategy, client consulting projects, workshops, and training programs on BOS formulation and execution including tipping point leadership and fair process.
About Malaysia Blue Ocean Strategy Institute (MBOSI)
Malaysia Blue Ocean Strategy Institute (MBOSI) is both an academic institute and a think tank/advisory firm with clients in both public and private sectors. The Institute’s mission is to help its clients achieve their future goals and missions by emphasizing creativity and innovation. Successful candidates will join a team of professionals from top-tier schools from around the world and a network of Blue Ocean Strategy practitioners.