Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is seeking Public Financial Management (PFM) Specialists for upcoming long and short-term roles on active projects and anticipated bids.
- Public administration, human resources management, civil services reform and capacity building
- Large scale budget preparation, budget execution, and budget oversight, including modeling for receipts, annual revenues, forecasting, projections, and cash forecasting
- Tax policy and tax administration
- Procurement reform
- Tax IT systems and services including e-payments, e-filing, mobile payment systems
- Customs management and support including internal controls, capacity building of customs institutions
- Internal controls, internal auditing, anti-corruption, tax fraud
- Medium Term Fiscal Framework (MTFF), Medium Term Expenditure/Budget Framework
- IT for PFM, IFMIS (Integrated Financial Management Information Systems), Government Financial Management Information Systems (GFMIS)
- Financial transparency and anti-corruption.
- Minimum 8 years’ of experience in public financial planning & budgeting, revenue management and budget allocation, tax specialization, public or private procurement, and internal and external audit at the central or local government levels, or other professional experience in the finance/accounting field in the public or private sector
- Demonstrated experience delivering institutional strengthening assistance to national and/or sub-national entities in public financial management; Demonstrated experience implementing PFM reforms at a local government level
- Post-graduate qualification in finance, accounting, economics, or other relevant field
- Strong attention to detail and technical expertise in financial and accounting concepts in the public or private sector
- Previous experience in managing partnerships with the private sector, large subcontracts, or grants under contract
- Experience in project design and implementation, including financial management experience, such as budgeting; tracking, reporting and accounting; and procurement
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and develop successful working relationships with key stakeholders, including USAID, and public, private, and civil society partners
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required
- Fluency in English.
Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants: Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.