IBI is currently searching for a Public Outreach consultant to support the ASEAN Policy Implementation Activity. The objective of this consultancy is to support public awareness and outreach activities of the ASEAN Single Window (ASW) and the National Single Window (NSW) platforms, in the respective countries of ASEAN Member States as outlined in the key responsibilities section. It also includes overseeing translation of the ASEAN-Wide Self-Certification (AWSC) Scheme guidebook.
Period of Performance: This assignment is expected to begin in February 2021 and expected to end in June 2021.
Reports To: The STTA will report to the Communication and Learning Officer (CLO) in coordination with Program Manager (PM) under the guidance of the Chief of Party (COP).
Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Laos, Philippines
· Work with respective National Single Window (NSW) Lead Public Affairs/Communications office in Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia and Laos, to develop outreach and communication plans to increase public and business awareness on the benefits of NSW and the ASW
· Advise NSW Lead Public Affairs/Communication office on the implementation of outreach and communication plans in Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia and Laos to include the development of trifold brochures and audio-visual presentations on the benefits of NSW and the ASW, guidance on organizing outreach activities (either face to face or online) including advising on identification of relevant audience and participants
· Translate the ASEAN-Wide Self-Certification (AWSC) Guidebook (41 pages) into local languages (Cambodian, Laotian & Burmese)
· Oversee printing of translated guidebook in Cambodian, Laotian and Burmese (100 copies each)
· Work with Philippines NSW Lead to develop an awareness campaign on the ASEAN Customs Declaration Document (ACDD) covering development of trifold brochure and audio-visual presentations
· Work alongside USAID API CLO to coordinate the time, resources, and administrative matters to execute the event in a proper manner.
· Responsible for documenting the event and send/report necessary materials from the event to the CLO.
· Liaise with USAID API Finance and Administration on procurement issues
· Other duties as assigned by the COP and CLO.
Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam
· Translate the ASEAN-Wide Self-Certification (AWSC) Guidebook (41 pages) into local languages (Bruneian, Indonesian, Malay, Thai and Vietnamese)
· Oversee printing of translated guidebook in Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam (100 copies each)
· Outreach and communication plans in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar
· Awareness campaign plan in the Philippines
· Guidance on development of trifold brochures and audio-visual presentation on the benefits of NSW and the ASW, organization of outreach activities and identification of participants
· Translated AWSC Guidebook in local languages (Bruneian, Burmese, Cambodian, Laotian, Indonesian, Malay, Thai and Vietnamese)
· Printed guidebooks in the respective local languages (Bruneian, Burmese, Cambodian, Laotian, Indonesian, Malay, Thai, and Vietnamese) – 100 copies each
· Event reports and materials from the public outreach program activities events in the specific AMS.
· Bachelor’s degree in fields of public relations, communication, economics, international trade, international political economy or related fields, Master’s preferred.
· Minimum 7 years of related work experience
· Public relations and communication background
· Having experience in more than one country or a regional knowledge coupled with technical expertise in the subject matter will also be considered
· Native speaker & writer of local language
· Excellent written and spoken English
· Intermediate to Advanced MS Office/Word skills.
· Experience working in public relations, communication, non-profit, research institutes and think-thank, specifically with issues relating to trade, economic growth and digital governance
· Understanding of ASEAN’s development issues and AEC Blueprint 2025
· Understanding of USAID’s Indo Pacific Strategy and familiarity with bilateral missions in AMS.
To apply please visit www.ibi-usa.com/job-opportunities and apply through our website.
For full consideration please apply by January 22, 2021.
IBI is an equal opportunity employer.