Particip is looking for an experienced Media Relations and Event Management Expert to join a team of experts in the provision of innovative strategic communications and public relations services to the Federal Government of Somalia, Ministry of Finance.
The project will be expected to deliver, at a minimum, the following:
- Design a strategic communications plan for the Ministry regarding effective management of communication issues and opportunities within the reforms.
- Develop and publish targeted information about the economic and financial reforms policies, programs and services on a quarterly basis.
- Deliver high quality and inclusive national events to raise awareness of economic reforms, particularly, revenue generation, budgeting and expenditure across Federal Member States; An event every 6 months is required.
- Organize international stakeholder engagement events to raise awareness with the Diaspora and to mobilize resources for government priorities in major cities.
- Monitor and advise on Ministry website management and content.
Position: Public Relations and Outreach Specialist
Expected project duration: 18 months
Place of posting: Somalia
Expected start date: April 2020
Duties: The main role of the PR and outreach specialist will be providing strategic communication advice to the ministry with a focus on Revenue mobilization and good financial governance, developing public relations activities and outreach strategies. Write press releases and prepare information for the media, manage internal and external communications, formulate PR strategies, plan and supervise conferences and meetings with the ministry, partners and stake holders. Present solutions in terms of PR crisis, provide technical support and advice to the project team leader and write project status reports on the work progress.
- At least a minimum of 10 years’ Experience in Strategic communications, degree in Journalism or equivalent.
- Proven experience as public relations specialist or similar position, experience in project management and execution of PR initiatives, excellent communication skills.
- Excellent in presentation and public speaking.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written Somali and English.
- Process-driven outreach and project management.
- Creative and practical mind and technically excellent in planning and developing PR media strategies.
We look forward to your application. Please note that only candidates suitable to this position will be contact.
Please submit your application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
Particip is an international consulting company in the field of international development cooperation. We coordinate interdisciplinary, multi-national teams for short and long term assignments worldwide supporting them with methodological know-how and expertise gained in over 1,800 projects. For further information please visit our website on www.particip.de