Project title: Technical Assistance for Improving the Quality of Vocational Education and Training through Establishment of Sectoral Centres of Excellence
Brief description: The overall objective of the project is investing in human capital through improving the quality of education and training
The purpose of this contract is increasing the quality of vocational and technical education by developing the knowledge, skills and competencies in line with the EQARF and EQAVET through training teaching and administrative staff, improving learning environments, providing VET as an attractive option for students, increasing cooperation between schools, social partners and private sector through establishment of Sectoral Centres of Excellence (SCoE).
Results to be achieved:
- Result 1: The quality of VET improved and strengthened and quality applications disseminated
- Result 2: Special field qualifications of teachers at VET secondary education institutions improved
- Result 3: 15 SCoE established to improve special field competences of teachers in VET schools by means of hands on trainings and distant learning methods
- Result 4: Vocational foreign language knowledge of VET teachers and competence of maths and science teachers working in VET schools in the field of maths and science with applications improved
- Result 5: Competences of education administrators in local level to monitor and evaluate education and training applications improved
- Result 6: Learning materials for VET secondary education institutions developed and prepared
- Result 7: Vocational guidance and career consultancy services improved, Category of Intervention: Awareness-Raising
- Result 8: Awareness and perception of a quality culture accepted by everyone working in various levels of vocational and technical education increased
- Result 9: Awareness of all related parties on the importance of vocational and technical education increased
- Result 10: Media and communication tools developed for promoting vocational and technical education
- Result 11: Knowledge and skills contests and exhibitions for vocational and technical secondary schools organised
- Result 12: Awareness and knowledge of parents on vocational guidance improved, Category of Intervention: Scientific & Technical Studies
- Result 13: Assessment of learning outcomes improved via piloting of Modular Credit Passing System, Category of Intervention: Coordination & Cooperation Mechanisms
- Result 14: Monitoring system of vocational and technical secondary schools’ graduates (e-graduate) is improved and awareness increased among actors in business world
Commencement date of the project: November 2020
Duration of the assignment: 36 months
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor degree in one of the fields of Business Administration, Economics, Administrative Sciences, Educational Sciences, Social Sciences, Engineering. In the absence of such a degree, minimum 10 years of professional working experience in education sectors is required;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Full computer literacy.
General professional experience
- Minimum 8 years of professional working experience in the QAS of VET.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of professional working experience in designing and/or implementing and/or monitoring quality assurance tools in a system managed by a national authority;
- Experience in credit modular system will be an asset.