Quantitative and Qualitative Researcher,
Millenium Challenge Corporation Burkina Faso Evaluation, Remote Location
MSI is recruiting a Quantitative and Qualitative Researcher for the Millenium Challenge Corporation impact evaluation of the Burkina Faso Rural Land Governance (RLG) project. The purpose of this evaluation is to measure the impact of the RLG interventions on perceptions of land tenure security, frequency and types of land conflicts, investment decisions and income and any differential effects by gender as well as a review of legal and policy changes and institutional development and performance. The evaluation scope of work corresponds to the analysis of baseline data and the upcoming endline phase of a mixed-methods quasi-experimental evaluation. Baseline analysis will commence once the contract is awarded and endline data collection is expected to take place in early 2021. Travel requirements are not yet finalized but are a possibility.
The Quantitative and Qualitative Researcher will contribute in the analysis of the baseline data, conducting an evaluability assessment for the endline, and conducting the endline phase. The key role of the Researcher is to ensure that methodological rigor and measurement considerations are adequately integrated in the data collection, analysis and reporting of the evaluation deliverables.
· Conduct the analysis of baseline data and draft sections of the baseline report
· Participate in dissemination efforts for the baseline findings
· Conduct an evaluability assessment of the endline with a particular focus on considerations for remote data collection
· Develop the most rigorous endline design feasible given rules of program implementation. Draft and finalize the endline design report including: evaluation framework, data collection instruments, data collection and analysis plans, work plans, and other relevant sections; Focus will be given to geospatial analysis and gender considerations
· Contribute to drafting protocols for Institutional Review Board clearance
· Provide technical support and oversight of endline data collection, supervising survey development and implementation, and other approaches to collect and analyze data, including ensuring necessary mechanisms for data quality assurance
· Conduct the endline analysis and draft sections of the endline report, following MCC guidance on transparent, reproducible, and ethical data and documentation
· Provide input on dissemination materials, such as evaluation briefs and presentation materials
· Participate in dissemination efforts for the endline findings
· Ensure all evaluation processes and products meet the requirements and quality standards of MSI and MCC
· Master’s degree or higher in a social science (Anthropology, Sociology, Economics, Statistics, Public Administration or Policy, Political Science, or other) required
· A minimum five years of experience designing qualitative research protocols or questionnaires and overseeing data collection required
· Experience conducting rigorous evaluations using quantitative and qualitative methods as well as triangulating data from various sources required
· Proficiency with a qualitative analysis package (ATLAS/ti, NUD-IST, Code-A-Text, Ethnograph, AnSWR, Nvivo, or other) required
· Proficiency with a quantitative analysis package (STATA, SPSS, R or other) required
· Experience working on geospatial analytics preferred
· Experience working on land tenure interventions preferred
· Experience working in Burkina Faso or francophone West Africa preferred
· Fluency in French required
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.