Scope of Work:
Communications, Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor
Project: Regional Agricultural Development Program – East (RADP-East)
Position: Communications Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor STTA
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan (remote work locations may be considered)
Period of Performance: on/around May 1, 2021 – October 20, 2021
The Regional Agricultural Development Program – East (RADP-E) aims to expand sustainable agriculture-led economic growth in eastern Afghanistan. The Program provides technical services to the private sector and producers in order to increase the competitiveness of selected value chains, ensuring increased sales of agricultural goods and services in the selected value chains. RADP-East leads the transformation to growth-oriented agricultural markets where knowledge and innovation continue to flow into the marketplace from the private sector.
The purpose of this STTA is to lead the RADP-East Communication and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) teams through the final months of the project.
OBJECTIVE AND DUTIES:
• Coordinate and supervise the production of weekly reports, weekly highlights, and contractually mandated project reports (monthly, quarterly, and annual reports) for submission to RADP-E/DAI management and USAID, in accordance with client specifications.
· Support coordination efforts with the project’s technical team to identify activities and provide information in a timely manner for the monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Support the Communications Specialist in his duty to compile and draft success stories and other external communications deliverables on an as needed basis.
• Coordinate the response to periodic requests from USAID for ad-hoc project-related information and produce other intermittent and special reports as requested.
• Oversee and support the Communications Manager in his duty to implement USAID Branding & Marking, and develop and maintain the latest versions of logos, banners, templates for letterhead/PowerPoint and make them available to staff.
• Review consultant reports and other reports requested by the client for compliance with branding/marking requirements, and review and edit all documents, technical and otherwise that will be submitted to USAID.
Monitoring and Evaluation
• Support the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager in managing the RADP-East M&E system and provide advisory guidance on all M&E activities for the project.
• Provide expert-level technical knowledge, guidance, and advice to the M&E Manager and oversee his work to ensure quality and timeliness of submission.
• Conduct and assist with the analysis and interpretation of data and results from project-specific assessments and surveys, for incorporation into Quarterly/Annual reports as well as the RADP-E Final Report.
• Ensure cohesion between M&E indicator reporting and narrative reports.
• Ensure collaborative communication between M&E and technical teams.
• Support the M&E Manager with any updates of the M&E system.
• Liaise with project personnel to ensure effective management of M&E efforts and successful achievement of project Performance Indicator targets.
• Ensure effective implementation of the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan (MELP).
• Ensure that performance data is being properly captured, analyzed, and reported to USAID on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
· Carry out other duties that are consistent with the overall focus of the assignment as assigned by the Chief of Party.
· Assist with any other reports or data breakdowns and analysis as requested by the Chief of Party.
· Provide input and/or support on ad hoc USAID data calls
· Monthly Reports for April 2021 (due on May 15, 2021) and May 2021 (due on June 15, 2021)
· At least one Success Story in Q3FY21
· Quarterly Report Q3FY21 (April – June 2021), due on July 30, 2021, including Infographic and Factsheet for Q3FY21
· Review of the RADP-East End-Term Survey implemented by a subcontractor
· Draft Final Report 2018 – 2021 (due on September 6, 2021)
· Annual Report FY21 (due on September 30, 2021)
· Final Report (due on October 20, 2021)
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor or higher degree in Communication, English Literature, International Relations or similarly related field.
• Prior senior-level USAID project experience with M&E, Communications, Reporting, Program Evaluation, or related field.
• A minimum of 10 years combined experience or more as a Knowledge Manager, M&E Manager, Communications Manager, or Reporting Specialist for USAID funded agriculture-focused or private sector development projects.
• Mandatory fluency in English: reading, writing, and verbal communication.
• Experience in the preparation and development of multifaceted reports.
• Professional report writing skills. Ability to summarize and synthesize relevant information from several sources and compile clear, concise and structured reports with a focus on using formal, impersonal and precise language structures.
• Experience with M&E tool development to effectively track project deliverables and progress.
• Previous experience devising quantitative and qualitative indicators, benchmarks, and data sources for program deliverables.
• Demonstrated ability in meeting deadlines with high-quality deliverables.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and of different multi-cultural backgrounds.
• The position reports to the Chief of Party (COP).