Recruitment Database Product Manager, Pacific Labour Facility - Brisbane
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers in Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers, supports the administration of the Pacific Labour Scheme and provides targeted support to the Seasonal Worker Programme.
The IRD Product Manager leads the agile product development of the In-country Recruitment Database (IRD), a platform built by the PLF to support internal country recruitment. The Product Manager will, with the rest of the IRD team, work within an Agile environment to plan, design, deploy, maintain and manage the IRD platform across numerous countries in the Pacific. This product manager will take full ownership of the product from requirements to deployment and training across 10 deployments and a user base of approximately 150 people.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathering requirements, understanding problems and documenting the ways of work in LSU’s to drive development of tailored IRD deployments
- Designing, planning and documenting functionalities through user stories, acceptance criteria, wireframes and process diagrams that enable teams in-country to manage recruitment and labour mobility activities
- Managing a development team through agile methodologies and related software tools such as Atlassian’s JIRA
- Creating and coordinating development, releases and deployment schedules to ensure key milestone dates and goals are achieved alongside velocity/burndown measurement and effort/timeline estimations
- Creating and executing test cases and providing feedback to the development team through bug tickets
- Creating, updating and maintaining product documentation and usage guides
- Conducting training with product champions and groups of end users
- Identifying user experience issues and areas for improvement
- Ensuring performance and uptime targets are met
- Undertaking long-term planning activities such as product roadmaps, backlog estimation, prioritisation and strategy alongside the CIO
- Coordinating with in-country technology providers, government IT departments and tech leads for the deployment of the software and its maintenance
- Developing and implementing data management standards and procedures
- Considerable experience managing software development projects, products or similar work
- Demonstrated experience managing teams and working in culturally diverse workplaces
- Clear understanding and experience with agile methodologies, the SDLC and managing software products from inception to retirement
- Deep understanding of the Atlassian suite including JIRA and Confluence
- Proven experience gathering and analysing requirements from workshops, documentation, processes and ad-hoc stakeholder engagement
- Highly effective communication, interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to engage at end user, technical and business levels, including in a cross-cultural context
- Experience testing software and feeding this into development cycles, releases and hot patches
- Proven ability to plan and manage schedules, product documentation
- A willingness to support work outside of the direct scope of data and systems; to support any and all technical aspects of PLF as a technical enabler.
- Knowledge of open-source technologies and licensing models;
- Outstanding analytical thinking skills.