World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Regional Investigator, Uganda, you will work independently, with little or no supervision to analyze allegations, initiate, plan, lead and conduct investigations. You will write reports documenting investigative plans and investigative results, and follow-up on specific investigation assignments and will work under the guidance of the Global Internal Audit (GIA) Director of Global Investigations to perform the following tasks:
- Analyze, oversee and conduct preliminary assessment of misconduct allegations to determine the veracity of possible violations of World Vision (WV) policy or law.
- Initiate, plan, conduct, support and oversee investigations related to complex fraud, corruption, bribery, kickbacks, extortion, conflict-of-interest, product substitution, embezzlement, theft, ethical misconduct, mismanagement, waste and abuse.
- Prepare and evaluate detailed reports, such as investigative plans, engagement memos, reports of investigation and quarterly investigative reports. Provide oral and written briefings to senior leadership.
- Conduct a full range of investigative activities to include, but not limited to, analyzing documents, such as financial records, conducting research, conducting surveillance, conducting witness and subject interviews.
- Coordinate and conduct investigative activities in conjunction with other WV investigators, WV Global Centers (GC), National Offices (NO), Regional Offices (RO), WV legal offices, law enforcement agencies, donors, NGOs, banks and other entities.
- Provide investigative training and guidance to staff and Jr. investigators regarding detecting and investigating misconduct.
- Develop and support implementation of preventive measures to mitigate fraud risk. Identify fraud trends and recommend appropriate actions to mitigate the risk to WV.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Criminal Justice, Finance, or a related field.
- 5-years professional experience in investigation, auditing, research, law and/or project management, at least three as an attorney, investigator or auditor.
- Completion of a law enforcement investigation training program, CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) or CA (Chartered Accountant) and or CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40 percent of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 09 FEB 2021. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.