*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate within Africa where WVI is registered to operate.
As Regional IT Manager you will provide regional leadership in IT to ensure the ongoing delivery of best-in-class technology, enable operational capabilities, and support minimum IT and operational standards to realise the VisionFund Strategy. You will be responsible for reducing Operational Cost Ratio (“OCR”) for the region, ensuring regional alignment with the global Technology and Operational Maturity Strategy, and leading and managing regional technology change. You will ensure digital solutions support regulatory requirements, operational process refinement that realises efficiency gains, reduce costs, support drivers of growth, and reduce risk of manual processes. You will ensure digital solutions support expected volume growth, expansion and reduction in geographic reach, support scale of operational best practice and operational excellence, and yield quantifiable business benefits in the field for clients and Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) – in line with the VisionFund Strategy. You will ensure regional IT equips end-users with appropriate technology that enables them to deliver performance – both social impact and fiscal and considers the future role of technology in Microfinance.
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a science or technology-related discipline.
- At least 3+ years of MicroFinance or Financial Services/Banking experience, ideally in an operational / business management role (understanding the needs and opportunity of process and IT solutions).
- 5+ years of project management experience working to recognized PM methodologies. Qualification in a recognized PM discipline preferred.
- Preferably, someone who managed projects related to digitalization and/or mobile banking.
- Experience with Temenos T24 is a plus.
- Proficiency (both speaking and writing) in English is a must; Other languages (particularly French) is a preference.
- Must be able to travel internationally (minimum 50% of the time).
Is this the job for you?
VisionFund is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 27 FEB 2020. For more information on World Vision International and VisionFund International, please visit our website: www.visionfund.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.