Making Cents International seeks a Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Specialist to work on the five-year USAID/Ukraine National Identity Through Youth (UNITY) Activity. This activity seeks to foster vested ownership among young people in the country’s democratic, European future by further mobilizing youth leadership of a values-based conception of Ukrainian identity grounded in innovation, engagement, and pluralism. To that end, UNITY will simultaneously address the key domains identified in USAID’s Positive Youth Development (PYD) approach: building youth assets, fostering resilience, offering age-appropriate experiences for youth contribution, and strengthening the enabling environment, while intentionally and safely promoting dialogue and belonging around this pluralistic identity and incentivizing participation and leadership by historically marginalized groups.
The PSE Specialist will establish relationships with private sector and cooperative partners to link youth to viable livelihood opportunities. S/he will be responsible for identifying and managing opportunities to integrate youth into supply chains to support youth employment. Through formal and informal outreach, personal contacts, and networking, the PSE Specialist will identify potential alliance partners and develop relationships with private businesses, corporations, foundations, NGOs, and other non-traditional development organizations for the purpose of implementing public-private alliances that support youth employment.
• Liaise with private sector partners and cooperative federations to identify areas where youth can be integrated into supply chains, distribution systems, or cooperatives in order to provide sustainable livelihoods
• Manage relationships with private sector and cooperative partners to match livelihood opportunities created through partnership with youth beneficiaries, considering geographic location, skill profile, asset profile, and youth goals in order to create mutually beneficial business relationships
• Troubleshoot potential issues in integrating youth into private sector partner supply chains and distribution systems
• Identify and analyze youth-friendly financial products available through local financial institutions that can be leveraged
• Coordinate with UNITY project staff and Making Cents’ technical staff based in the United States
• Contribute to project activity planning, reporting, data analysis, and budgets as requested
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, corporate social responsibility (CSR), or related field
• At least five (5) years of experience in private sector engagement, corporate social responsibility (CSR), or related activities
• Demonstrated technical knowledge in business inclusive practices, CSR programming, youth employment
• Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with private sector partners, cooperative leaders, local governance leaders, youth leaders, and other stakeholders
• Deep understanding of the private sector landscape in Ukraine
• Experience working with donor-funded programming
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite)
• Fluency in English and Ukrainian
Our Ideal Candidates Have:
• A Master’s degree
• Experience with USAID programs, particularly USAID’s PSE Policy
About the Organization
Making Cents International is a dynamic social enterprise that has been increasing economic opportunities in developing countries for fifteen years. We are known as a source of high quality technical services, and a thought leader in the economic growth arena. Our technical services and collaborative learning activities consistently improve the ability of target populations - especially youth, women, smallholder farmers, and vulnerable populations - to launch and grow businesses, participate in profitable value chains, access finance, and obtain meaningful work. Our services are based on an appreciation of client assets and market needs, local capacity building, and a desire to achieve greater sustainable results. Our success is grounded on core competencies that focus on innovation, quality, teamwork, communication, leadership, and knowledge management.
Making Cents Corporate site: www.makingcents.com.