Regional Project Managers, USAID OTI Iraq Regional Program (IRP), Iraq
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The USAID/OTI-funded Iraq Regional Program will support activities that mantinatin and deepen stability in Iraq. The initial objectives of the program are to: 1) empower local communities by identifying and delivering on local livelihood and infrastructure priorities, 2) enhance engagement between government and citizens, and 3) promote norms of tolerance, coexistence and dialogue.
Regional Project Managers (RPMs) (multiple openings) will be based in one of the project’s regional offices in Iraq. The RPMs will report directly to the Deputy Chief of Party – Programs (DCOP-P) in Erbil. This position is primarily responsible for overseeing activity design, activity implementation, and office and team management. S/he will execute procedures and operations as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Oversee all of the programs and operations for assigned regional field office and supervise the program development officers.
- Oversee implementation of in-kind grants and sub-contracts, including direct supervision of implementation activity team which may include construction supervisors, field admin/finance officers, logisticians, program officers, grant specialists and drivers.
- Contribute to and maintain knowledge of political and socio-economic developments to inform and adapt the overall regional strategy.
- Monitor activity implementation and conduct regular activity site visits, directly communicating issues to the project’s Senior Management Team.
- Conduct weekly team meetings to review and discuss status of grant development and implementation, evaluate progress, and agree on next steps.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with regional government officials, security counterparts, local civil society partners and beneficiaries.
- Contribute to developing grant submission packages, reports and communication products.
- Develop work plans and pipelines; prepare programmatic and operational financial projections for the field offices in close collaboration with the team and Erbil/Baghdad staff.
- Oversee all operations within an assigned field office, including assets, personnel, finance, logistics, and programmatic activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required. Professional certifications or training will be viewed favorably. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience related to project management, grants support and/or operations and logistics.
- Demonstrated experience managing diverse teams to achieve rapid results.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various locations in-country.
- Fluency in both written and oral English and Arabic.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com