The Regional Safety & Security Manager position has been created to give support to West and Central Africa Region Country Offices (9+) through increasing capacity and offering technical support and advice on all aspects of staff safety and security and by ensuring appropriate systems are in place at country level. The RSSM will support Country Offices safety and security management improvements consistent with SC Safety and Security Policy conducting safety and security assessments; and reviewing and analyzing incident reports and security updates. In addition, the RSM will be available to be deployed to SCI declared emergencies to ensure safety and security management is addressing emergency response needs and provide training for Regional Office and Country Offices staff throughout the region.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Recommended 5 (five) years’ experience in relevant fields, with 3 years’ experience in working in WCA context. Formal security qualification or advanced security management training
- Effective technical/instructional writing skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple complex tasks independently
- Strong leadership and communication (interpersonal, verbal and written) skills
- Experience in conducting assessments essential
- Experience in liaising with civilian, police and military government authorities, as well as with regional, national and international institutions
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, in the event of emergencies
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Competency in Internet and Microsoft Office systems including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other database/mapping systems
- Fluency in French / English, both written and spoken
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin all aspects of the job.
Contract length: 01 year- National Contract
About the Organization
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.