World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Regional Supply Chain Management Director, you will establish supply chain management as a core function in each region. Youe will act as a strategic partner with the Region and National Office (NO) leading the strategic direction for supply chain and operational responsibility. With more than 60% of WV’s spend touched by supply chain, it is imperative that standards, accountability mechanisms, capacity and leadership around SCM be taken as a critical priority. You will work with Global Supply Chain Management (GSCM) and the respective regional leadership to direct and develop strategy, policy and procedures around supply chain, ensure that the best total value is achieved (risk mitigation, donor confidence, cost reduction, quality, delivery, lead time, asset investment) while meeting the current and future business and technical needs of World Vision worldwide..
- University degree in Logistics Management and/or Supply Chain Management
- Post graduate qualification in technical field related to SCM and Business Management
- Minimum of 15 years of senior management and operational experience in the field of operations, manufacturing, logistics or supply chain management with experience in developing and implementing process change, training and knowledge management and capacity development programs.
- Training and certification in practices such as Six Sigma, BPI, and /or Lean supply chain.
- Strong written and verbal skills in English.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 26 JUL 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.