Through its project work in Indonesia, Resonance is exploring private sector interest in launching a strategic alliance that is focused on expanding demand as well as supply of renewable energy in the country. Ultimately, our goal is to obtain a renewable energy commitment from at least one prominent Indonesian business group and a strategic alliance is one possible avenue for gaining commitment. This powerful commitment would likely encourage additional public and private commitments from key business groups, helping create a “snowball” effect into broader change at both the national and regional levels. Resonance is seeking candidates for the role of Strategic Partnerships Associate to support partnership development in Indonesia among business groups pursuing low carbon and carbon neutral goals. The Strategic Partnerships Associate will build and sustain relationships with private sector executives and department leads and will co-create strategies and messaging for a renewable energy transition. This role will work closely with the client and Resonance staff members in the U.S. and in Indonesia to ensure coordination and forward momentum in promoting and attaining interest in climate goals from specific companies.
This is a part-time position based in Indonesia.
Strategy Development & Relationship Management
- Develop and maintain relationships with Indonesian business groups, in particular those that work on or are interested in renewable energy, sustainability, or related field
- Gather information about key pain points and drivers for change toward a renewable energy transition within business groups
- Organize, prepare for, and hold executive roundtable discussions promoting renewable energy transition
- Identify business case themes and case studies for renewable energy investment by target business groups in Indonesia
- Build and execute on strategies to approach each business group with the goal of obtaining renewable energy transition commitment
- Support development of pathways for helping business groups achieve commitments
- Curate materials on the business benefits of a renewable energy transition and tactics for pursing that transition
Required Education & Experience
- English language proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 7 years of professional experience, including working closely with corporate actors
Preferred Education & Experience
- Experience working in a corporate environment as it relates to sustainability
- Demonstrated knowledge of renewable energy sector and transition strategies
- Functional experience in project management, account management, corporate outreach, sales, and/or management consulting
- Poses existing professional relationships within large business groups in Indonesia
- Experience producing strategic planning documents, pitch materials, and/or advocacy campaigns
- Business strategy
- Sales and marketing
- Business and relationship development
- Business management and planning
- Executive communications S
Resonance does not anticipate that this position will require regular work travel, but opportunities for domestic or international travel may arise upon occasion.
Work Authorization / Security Clearance
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of Resonance is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Resonance hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Resonance believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.