1. JOB DESCRIPTION/RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Research Analyst will be responsible for quantitative and qualitative data management, statistical analysis, and research support to studies and evaluations being conducted by Development Analytics across different thematic areas of poverty, health, education, labour, social protection. He/she will be a core part of the research team. The full time position will be based at our office in Istanbul and may require travel and stay in the regions where projects are active.
(1) Preparing and managing quantitative data from research studies and complex surveys using statistical and database software such as STATA, Tableau, R and Excel.
(2) Designing and implementing statistical analysis of complex survey data, including descriptive, multivariate, and longitudinal data analysis.
(3) Participating and collaborating on all aspects related to research development and implementation; namely all phases from initiating study design and survey questionnaire development to data preparation, analysis and dissemination of research findings
(4) Managing survey field work, including planning, logistics, hiring, training, supervising daily survey activities and monitoring (5) Supporting data collection in the field; coding and analysing qualitative survey data on NVIVO
(5) Supporting research associates with grant and project proposals
2. QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
(1) MA degree in Economics, Sociology, Social Policy, Demography, Development Studies or a related field. The candidate can also be a PhD student and apply for a part-time position with us on a project basis.
(2) Minimum 1-2 years of relevant work experience in the field of research and preferably experience in the management and analysis of large data sets. (In the absence of required work/research experience, the candidate should have flexibility to train with us initially as an intern).
(3) Candidates having knowledge and experience of STATA or R including advanced programming skills will be given priority.
(4) Should have excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
(5) English language proficiency is required.
About the Organization
Development Analytics provides evidence based research for social program and policy development. Our main areas of study are poverty, education, health, social protection and the overall distributional impact of social policies. We specialize in large scale data analysis and statistical methods for social research. Our clients include central governments, international development organizations, NGOs (as well as corporate clients with a social responsibility vision). We provide our clients with research and tools to (i) understand and diagnose social problems, (ii) devise programs to tackle these issues and (iii) to measure and rigorously evaluate their results. For more information please visit, www.developmentanalytics.org