Nathan Associates is seeking a Research Associate to support the International Development line of business from our home office in Arlington, Virginia. This position may involve some travel, including to the Middle East, Africa, South and Southeast Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and other regions.
- Serve as project coordinator for overseas projects—overseeing administrative, contractual, and financial aspects of projects
- Work with the Finance Department to track project spending and provide periodic financial forecasts
- Maintain project databases
- Ensure that projects comply with policies and procedures
- Serve as proposal coordinator; research and write sections of project proposals
- Tailor contract templates for consultants, subcontractors, and clients
- Handle logistics for consultant and staff travel, relocation, and project events
- Search consultant database to identify consultants; enter consultant CVs in the consultant database
- Manage project deliverables and reports
- Update website and intranet, as appropriate, including writing success stories
- Conduct research or data analysis and prepare draft reports (or inputs) for senior staff or project consultants
- A./S. in business, international development/affairs, economics, or related field
- A minimum of two years of experience in a backstopping or administrative role relevant to the international development field
- Relevant overseas work or internship experience in a developing country context
- Experience with USAID-funded and /or other donor-funded projects strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and computer skills, including spreadsheet and financial tracking
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills (you will interact with employees, consultants, partners, clients, subcontractors, and vendors)
- Strong writing skills, which will be assessed during the hiring process
- Strong language skills in Spanish or French preferred. Other languages widely spoken in the developing world may be considered in place of these languages.
- Experience in relevant economic growth issues preferred, inclusive of trade policy, trade facilitation, private sector development and business enabling environment.
- Permanent U.S. work authorization required
No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted.
Nathan Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status.
About the Organization
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence and with corporate offices in the US, London, and India and more than 40 program offices around the world, we offer the following areas of expertise, honed since we opened our doors in 1946: International Development, Litigation & Expert Services, Infrastructure Project Development & Finance, Advisory Services