ME&A is seeking the services of an External Evaluation Team to carry out a summative evaluation of results of Mission activities carried out under Development Objective 2 (DO 2): Safety and Competitiveness of At-Risk Children and Youth Improved over the Country Development and Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) period (FY 2013 - FY 2020).
USAID has invested in improving life-skills, vocational and technical education models and educational programming that link demand-driven skills training with a focus on the Caribbean coast of Nicaragua where crime and violence are notably worse than the national average. Mid-term evaluations and assessments of USAID’s supported models working with children and youth reported some progress in increasing children’s literacy, youth’s livelihood opportunities, and more community engagement in building safer and productive communities. Nevertheless, many questions remain on the cumulative impact of various activities: who benefitted and how, and what challenges remain. These enquiries are expected to be solved with this evaluation.
The Specialists will assist and provide advice and analysis to the Senior Researcher. The Specialists shall be responsible for advising the Senior Researcher in different administrative, legal, operational and politically related aspects that may impact the evaluation. Likewise, the Specialists will work directly in the development, analysis and preparation of the expected contractual deliverables. He/she should be familiar with governance and public policy models as they relate to international development, along with educational issues in Central America. The Specialists will also support the Senior Researcher by performing data collection and analysis, and other tasks assigned by the Senior Researcher.
Education: Master’s degree in Education, Sociology, Political Science, Public Administration, Basic Education and/or Technical Vocational.
Language proficiency: Spanish native speaker. Miskito or any other additional language proficiency is highly recommended. Intermediate level of English is desired.
- At least five years of experience involved in project management monitoring and evaluation.
- At least three years of experience working in projects targeting vulnerable populations and communities.
- Consultants demonstrated relevant past performance and quality of performance in participating in similar evaluations (Provide at least three references from previous contractors).
- At least five years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience participating in evaluations related to education, public administration and policy, is required, preferably in Central or Latin America.
- Experience or knowledge of Central America’s major educational challenges is preferred.
- Some familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches and operations, particularly as they relate to evaluations is a plus.
- Professional technical writing in Spanish and English.
** Estimated duration of the assignment: From October 1, 2019 to March 30, 2020.**
If interested, please submit a resume in English with a cover letter outlining qualifications and indicating the title of the position you are applying on or before September 13, 2019
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.