The Research Translation Advisor will provide technical support to LASER PULSE on the implementation of strategies for development actors to connect, engage and collaborate with researchers in the conceptualization and translation of research for development practice. The Advisor will also work closely with the University of Notre Dame to track, evaluate and learn from LASER PULSE’s research translation activities.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
* Contribute to the design, development and implementation of capacity strengthening approaches, tools and platforms for development actors to increase access, engagement and collaboration with researchers and the research community
* Consult, engage, and collaborate with universities, civil society, and public sector actors to ensure effective research translation and application is integrated in project initiatives and innovations
* Support development actors’ engagement in LASER PULSE Research for Development (R4D) conferences and sub-granting processes
* Work closely with the Research Translation Strategy Lead on the translation of key research outcomes for development practice across LASER-PULSE activities
* Collaborate with Indiana University to ensure that translation products that are produced by the project are meaningful and useful for practitioners as well as researchers.
* Collaborate closely with the University of Notre Dame to ensure that LASER’s Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) processes, as well as Learning Agenda activities, engage development practitioners, and that the projects’ learning outcomes are relevant to practitioners’ use
* Master’s Degree in research, organizational learning, knowledge management or in a related field.
* Minimum of five years relevant international working experience in an advisory or management role with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO
* Experience engaging in research in practice, translation, and application. General knowledge of other disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
* Demonstrated experience in research, MEAL and knowledge management
* Excellent written and verbal skills, fluency in English required; fluency in French or Spanish highly desirable.
* Experience in mentoring, coaching, facilitation and training applying adult learning principles and practices.
* Experience with program monitoring and evaluation, including applying data collection tools and methodologies, data analysis, and data presentation.
* Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society Understanding of partnership principles.
* Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
* Must be willing and able to travel internationally and domestically up to 20%.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
CRS staff, alongside our partners and the people we serve, work daily to bring our mission and guiding principles to life. We share our stories of hope, compassion and solidarity to inspire others to join us in creating a more just and prosperous world for all.