Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking an experienced Resilience Advisor for an upcoming multi-year regional contract with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Ethiopia Mission. The Highlands Resilience Platform for Adaptive Learning (R-PAL) project will support the USAID TIGER Project - both its staff and its key stakeholders - to be more efficient, effective, transparent and skilled in achieving development outcomes through the use of evidence, adaptive management techniques, and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) practices that enable increased resilience for the chronically vulnerable in the Highlands.
This is a long-term position expected to start in late 2021. The position is contingent upon contract award. Local nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Provide guidance and expertise on issues related to resilience in the Highlands of Ethiopia.
- Support the identification, formulation, development and monitoring of USAID activities including field visits and reporting.
- Support the collection of data for the purposes of monitoring and evaluation and sharing of information on project outcomes and objectives.
- Collect and develop best practices and lessons learned from the field.
- Support the development of training activities in resilience and public awareness of its importance by coordinating closely with relevant USAID staff and other key stakeholders.
- Support the coordination between the different teams working in the different programmatic areas, providing technical assistance as needed.
- Provide technical advisory services to ensure that delivery to clients and beneficiaries meets USAID quality standards.
- Develop program recommendations to improve resilience in the Highlands of Ethiopia.
- A Bachelor’s degree and six (6) years’ relevant work experience.
- Experience assessing and/or evaluating USAID or other donor policies, reforms, and/or programs in headquarters and the field.
- Experience working for USAID, ideally on resilience programming.
- Familiarity with other donor efforts on resilience and resilience concepts.
- Experience working collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience with designing both humanitarian and development programs aimed at reducing recurrent crises.
- Familiarity with USAID’s Program Cycle, especially Project and Activity Design and monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL).
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a “find a way or make a way” business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.