World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
The Resource Development Director, WV Bangladesh is a critical and key position of the National Office (NO) Team to lead the development and roll out of the National Office Resource Development Strategy, in alignment with World Vision’s global strategy, Our Promise 2030, and National Office strategies.
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations, Rural Development, Social Science or any related field.
- Minimum of five years’ demonstrable, hands on experience in grant acquisition, including experience developing and managing capture plans and applications/bids managing capture plans; managing bids for opportunities large opportunities targeting major bilateral and multilateral institutional donors.
- Robust understanding of World Vision Context and prior experience working on resource collaboration with SOs is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated success achieving high win rate for large (over $20m) bid portfolios. Experienced networker with strong skills in donor relations, negotiation, and partnership brokering and management.
- Knowledge of workings with major donors, such as USAID/OFDA/DoL, DFID, UN, DFAT, EC/ECHO/DIPECHO, UN agencies, WFP, ADB/WB. Global Fund – preferred.
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel within National office and support offices.
- Travel: up to of 15% International travel may be required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 19 SEP 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.