With guidance from the supervisor, the intern will conduct research for new program development in the Europe and Eurasia region; Contribute to monitoring and evaluation activities for current rule of law programs; Draft progress reports and generate outreach materials.
Main responsibilities include the following;
- Research for potential funding opportunities within the scope of ABA ROLI’s programs.
- Working closely with DC and regional field staff to assist in the development of concept notes or proposals.
- Assisting the ABA ROLI E&E division team with reviewing, editing and writing of monthly, quarterly and annual reports of existing projects.
- Assisting on monthly review of project data and data entering in DevResults platform.
- Depending on proficiency on data platform, may be asked to support with building up indicators for a project currently on start-up phase to allow for fully program monitoring during the life of the project.
- High School Degree or GED and Bachelors preferred
- Experience with data entry and M&E is a plus
About the OrganizationThe Rule of Law Initiative is a public service project of the American Bar Association dedicated to promoting legal reform efforts in over 40 countries around the world. The Rule of Law Initiative believes that rule of law promotion is the most effective long-term antidote to the most pressing problems facing the world community today, including poverty, economic stagnation, and crippling levels of corruption.
The Rule of Law Initiative concentrates its technical legal assistance efforts in the following substantive areas: 1) Anti-corruption & public integrity; 2) Criminal law & combating trafficking in persons; 3) Gender issues; 4) Human rights & conflict mitigation; 5) Judicial reform; 6) Legal education reform; and 7) Legal profession reform.
The Rule of Law Initiative enlists talented individuals who possess the skills and commitment necessary to effectively promote the rule of law in our host countries. We regularly seek experienced attorneys, judges, and law professors interested in lending their expertise to our programs for both long- and short-term pro bono assignments overseas.
For more information please visit our website at www.abarol.org.