ABA ROLI seeks a full time Program Manager, [Operations] to work on a judicial assessment and access to justice program in Syria. The Program Manager,[Operations] will be based in Berlin. The Program Manager, [Operations] will be a key part of the management team of ABA ROLI’s Syria Operations. The Program Manager, [Operations] will oversee financial and administration operations of ABA ROLI’s field operations in Syria including, improving organizational processes and procedures, productivity and efficiencies. Program Manager, [Operations] must be eligible to work in Germany/already based in Germany.
Under the supervision of the Program Director (PD) and ABA ROLI MENA Director (located in Washington, DC), the Program Manager, [Operations] will also work with ABA ROLI program and finance teams in Washington, DC to provide financial management of the Syria program and all programs in the assigned portfolio. The Program Manager,[Operations] will work closely with the PD to ensure compliance with donor and ABA ROLI policies and procedures. The Program Manager, [Operations] will also administer procurement and oversee personnel management to ensure compliance with local laws.
- Coordinate office operations to ensure effective and efficient implementation of ABA programs;
- Coordinate financial, procurement, administrative, and human resources support functions to ensure the field office operates within the overall policies and procedures of ABA and donor organizations;
- As authorized, serve as fiduciary of funds dedicated to ABA programs and activities;
- Serve as an overall quality assurance verifier in all field financial, procurement, personnel and administrative transactions, ensuring the highest level of accuracy in all financial reports;
- Manage project office funds including bank accounts;
- Review financial reports including cash forecasts, accruals, bank and cash reconciliations, tax, payroll and expense reports, and submission of reportorial requirements and payment remittances to local government agencies, and, at times, personally undertake these tasks;
- Ensure timely payment to vendors in compliance with ABA ROLI policies and procedures;
- Maintain office financial and operational policies, including security policies in collaboration with ABA ROLI’s field office and Washington-based security staff;
- Work with program staff on financial management and compliance, including training staff and subawardees on ABA ROLI policies and procedures;
- Oversee the drafting, executing, and management of contracts for staff, consultants, and vendors; as well as maintenance of resident staff timesheets, tracking of leave time; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters’ degree, or Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA- accredited law school or a doctoral degree in a relevant field of study and at least four (4) years’ of program management experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a ROLI relevant field of study and at least six (6) years’ of program management experience
ABA-ROLI-Program Manager [Operations], Berlin | ReliefWeb
At least five years of senior operations and administration management experience
particularly with non-governmental organizations, international organizations
or multilateral institutions;
Experience working with US government-funded projects, including familiarity with U.S regulations will be an asset;
Experience managing staff and working within a team composed of administrative, financial and programmatic staff;
High degree of organization, professionalism, integrity, trustworthiness and
Ability to use discretion when working with confidential documents and information;
Ability to operate efficiently while juggling multiple priorities.
Working knowledge of MENA region (experience working in Syria since 2012 is a plus);
Advanced written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic;
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.