*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate within a jurisdiction (country or US State) where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Safeguarding Advisor, you will provide global technical leadership for action across the World Vision organisation to comply with the World Vision International’s (WVI’s) Safeguarding Standards, in collaboration with the Safeguarding Director and safeguarding focal points in Support, Field, and Regional offices in the Partnership. This role is critical to WVI fulfilling its Board-mandated commitment to be a child safe organization, ensuring that within our efforts to safeguard all beneficiaries, that World Vision’s focus and expertise on keeping children safe is ensured. This position will provide leadership along with the Safeguarding Director for continuous improvement of safeguarding practices, including how they are pursued, measured and improved across the Partnership, with an emphasis on practical and culturally tailored prevention methods. Areas of responsibility include the Safeguarding Standards, Incident Intake Management system (Ethics Point) for Incident Reporting & Response, Child Protection (CP) Update Reports, GNOD and Audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a Legal, Human Resources or Child Rights-related field, or field/practical experience working with situations of policy formation, guidance and implementation.
- Proficient in coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, analysis and problem solving.
- Expertise in child safeguarding issues, emergency relief, the UN CRC and the field of child protection.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and collaboration skills in a diverse environment. Proven ability to work as an effective team member on cross-cultural teams.
- 2years experience in a developing world environment, 5 years working in an international NGO sector.
- 5 years experience in child safeguarding in an international NGO.
- Experience in communicating to and influencing organizational leadership and management decisions.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English; language skills in Spanish and/or French preferred.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 20 JUN 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.