Joint Aid Management (JAM), founded by Peter and Ann Pretorius in 1984 is an Africa-founded and headquartered, Christian international humanitarian relief and development organization, currently operating in Angola, Mozambique, Rwanda, South Africa, South Sudan, Uganda & Sierra Leone with support offices in USA, UK, Canada, Switzerland and Germany.
JAM drives expansive development and has grown into an organization that affects sustainable change through programs to communities in need.
The Salesforce Systems Analyst will assist in leading Salesforce operations pertaining to the Customer Relations Management (CRM), Commodity Accounting System (CAS) and Project & Monitoring System (PMS) ; this includes provision of technical support to HQ, Field and Affiliate staff. To ensure CRM, CAS and PMS applications are in place for set up of new donors and projects, and assist in consolidating and generating CRM, CAS and PMS reports. This position will also require delivering systems maintenance and assisting with new/upgraded software system installations excluding those covered by our IT Contract.
- System operation: Oversees wireless connectivity issues between mobile devices and roaming servers in field operations, troubleshooting where necessary. Ensures correct functioning of CRM, CAS and PMS in beneficiary registration, enrollment, household updates and activities, etc.
- Donor Relations Management (CRM): Planning and delivering Saleforce strategies across the organisation encouraging donor retention and donor loyalty. Deciding on the Salesforce platform structure and architecture ensuring it works seamlessly across the organisation and captures all required information at key points in the donor life cycle.
- Documentation and Reporting: Support in preparation of reports and ensure timely submission to JAM office’s and other stakeholders. Maintain a neat, organized and chronological filing system, ensuring that soft copies (google drive) of the recommended reports are available and easy to access at any required time.
- Coordination and Colaboration: Work closely with relevant staff in aspects of technology readiness and rollout, in addition to providing feedback to, and receiving technical instructions from Advancenet on upgrades, maintenance and new developments.
- Systems Development: Reviewing of current systems and applications, etc.
- Capacity Development: Leads capacity development of staff and affiliates to ensure adequate CRM, CAS and PMS coverage.
Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or onthe-job training:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in computer Science or IT or any other related course from a recognized University or equivalent relative experience.
- Solid background in the Window Operating System – XP in particular. Comfortable invoking, stopping or restarting System Services, installing and uninstalling software, creating user groups and setting up user privileges.
- Solid networking skills – able to set up, securing and administer wireless ad-hoc peer-to-peer networks. Ability to isolate and troubleshoot network connectivity difficulties accordingly and through running IP configuration tools, resetting wireless connections. Understands TCP/IP protocol.
- Knowledgeable of Relational Database Management Systems – exposure to MySQL highly desirable, including the use of database management tools (such as MySQL Query Browser and Administrator).
- Ability to troubleshoot IT problems – log, track and systematically troubleshoot IT problems.
- Ready to support end-users.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good command of English language both written and oral.
- Requires the ability to effectively present concepts to lay users in various settings and by various means (verbal and written).
- Requires strong communication skills to interact with all levels of staff and management.
- Must be able to work effectively with a diverse team.
- Requires the ability to work under pressure and on multiple tasks.
- Must have a service orientation.
- Understanding of the Windows Mobile Platform desirable.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills with an attention to details
- Ability to work independently
- Exposure to mobile hardware technologies desirable.
- Ability to learn new software systems and running rudimentary system upgrades
Please submit the following materials electronically (Microsoft Word or PDF preferred):
- A cover letter clearly outlining the specific skills and knowledge you’d bring to the job and how they are a good fit with the responsibilities of this position.
- A resume detailing relevant experiences, work history and accomplishments. Application materials should be submitted to: email@example.com.
In order to expedite the review, please type the name of the position as the only contents in the subject line of your e-mail. Only applications submitted electronically will be considered. Should you not receive feedback within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
As part of the screening process we invite you to complete the Predictive Index assessment by accessing the below link (as well as send your CV via email)
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.