VSO is the world’s leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It’s a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world’s poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Salesforce Technical Lead, to drive forward the successful implementation of Salesforce projects across our international footprint. At VSO we share a passion for leveraging technology to improve lives. Working as part of a global team, you will have the opportunity to experience our programmes overseas first hand and support key stakeholders in streamlining and simplifying our ways of working. We need an experienced business analyst who is able to really understand our processes and help our users to navigate and get the most out of Salesforce by driving good data integrity and facilitating performance management through tailored use of reporting. Reporting to the Head of Global IT, you will be very familiar with latest developments to the platform and Apps available and able to guide the organisation in selecting the right architecture solutions. You will be responsible for creating / authorising and managing the technical solution documents for new projects, change requests and enhancements. You will oversee an offshore development function from a quality assurance perspective, delivering changes/projects within an agile development model and working closely with project managers and business analysts as a subject matter expert. Our team members enjoy being part of a connected global team, supported by our flexible working policy and tools which facilitate remote working.
The successful candidate will:
* Understand and own VSO Salesforce architecture including, but not limited to the data model, our objects, integrations and analytics
* Work with key business stakeholders, challenging where appropriate and communicating in non- technical terms
* Manage all configuration releases for Salesforce, ensuring successful deployment of configuration changes
* Manage deployment process and sandbox management strategy for Salesforce
* Manage Salesforce change requests, including CR sizing, communication and CR implementation process
* Provide technical user support escalated from the helpdesk and resolve system / application issues
* Ensure that our Salesforce instance (including the data and access within it) complies with VSO’s security and disaster recovery policies
Skills, qualifications and experience
You will have demonstrable experience in successfully supporting Salesforce programmes/projects involving significant scale and business change, as well as an understanding of business re-engineering principles and processes. You are a strategic thinker and possess the ability to actively engage stakeholders to make complex decisions. Your experience of working in global teams enables you to work effectively in a culturally diverse environment.
* Experience of designing and developing complex custom Salesforce orgs
* Up to date knowledge of the Salesforce ecosystem, including CRM capabilities and partner products
* Salesforce Administrator and Platform App Builder certifications, or equivalent experience
* Salesforce Platform Developer I/II, or one or more Designer or Architect Domain certifications would be an advantage
* Understanding of developing effective data models and documenting organisational data architecture
* Good understanding of web services, APIs and ETL processes, including planning integration architecture for interfacing systems
* Comfortable creating functional specifications, design and architecture documentation
* Extensive experience in all aspects of Salesforce platform click and configure development
* Experience with salesforce reports and dashboard development
* Experience reviewing, understanding and recommending changes to Apex and Visualforce code
* Experience designing and implementing features using Apex / Visualforce would be an advantage
How to apply
Unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position, so please ensure you have the right to work in one of the locations mentioned above before you apply.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Location(s): England - Surrey - Kingston upon Thames