Building savings can help farmers manage their seasonal income, meet large one-off expenses and build resilience to shocks. Developing an effective savings product also helps microfinance institutions like Proximity Finance expand and deepen their outreach to their customers. Your work as the Savings Product Manager involves developing adaptable products and building trust among clients to make saving easier for smallholder farmers. This will enable Myanmar farmers to better organise their financial lives, handle emergencies and build a sustainable future for their families.
What You Will Do
- As Savings Product Manager (SPM) you will be responsible for the design and launch of deposit taking products, with the goal to extend the reach of Proximity Finance, expand our lending operations and benefit low our customer base.
- The key responsibility of the role is to build and implement a deposits product to help Proximity Finance deepen its outreach to smallholder farmers across Myanmar.
- Closely collaborate with the Proximity Labs team to design, develop and refine saving products as well as marketing strategies to attract more farmers to save.
- Work with our customers to understand their needs, conduct customer satisfaction survey and continuously promote our saving products to reach our targets.
- Conduct regular market and competitor analysis to understand the development of the savings industry
- Provide training to build up the capacity of the team and relevant staff, including field staff, in saving implementation and customer management.
Is this you?
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in Business Administration/ Management/ Economics/ Accounting/ Finance (MA/MBA holders are preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years experiences in financial services (preferably a bank or microfinance institution);
- Management experience is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practice of banking/ microfinance institutions and understanding of saving mobilization-related laws and regulations is a plus.
- You have proven to be a detailed executor who is able to think outside of the box with ambitious co-workers.
- You recognize the importance and effect of great customer service and are excited to work in the field.
About the Organization
Proximity Designs is an internationally recognized social enterprise that specializes in designing and marketing innovative products and services for people in rural Myanmar. We offer products and services in the areas of agriculture, technical assistance, and financial services that are affordable and boost household productivity and incomes. Since launching in 2004, we’ve grown to cover 80% of Myanmar’s rural market and serve over 100,000 customers each year.