International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Security Consultant
Reports To: Director of Security
To be considered for this position, please apply here: https://careers2-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/2394/security-consultant/job
IBTCI is seeking a Security Consultant to provide security services in support of various projects around the world. This position has a level of effort of up to 50%.
Using your security subject matter skills, perform security tasks on specific task orders and/or contracts. Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
Scope of Work:
- Ensure UN MOSS compliance is met across assigned activities/tasks.
- Format and edit security documents.
- Conduct research to produce country and city studies and security plans.
- Conduct threat and risk analyses in IBTCI’s areas of operations.
- Produce global and country security updates.
- Organize and coordinate security meetings and briefings.
- Facilitate security training for COPs, SFP’s and other relevant field staff.
- Follow up on staff deploying to the field to ensure staff have evacuation insurance, secure pick-up at the airport, lodging, medical information, emergency contact information and understand IBTCI security policies.
- Initiate and organize communication with field staff regarding security across multiple IBTCI projects.
- Track and coordinate security operations.
- Take and compile notes.
- Organize briefings, training and general schedule for IBTCI security staff.
- Ensure duty of care responsibilities for relevant sub-contractors and consultants in assigned countries.
- Other duties as assigned.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- While working on proposals with IBTCI, the consultant is prohibited from working on that same proposal with any other organization.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in urban, semi-urban, remote and rugged terrain in developing countries preferred.
- Ability to effectively collect, synthesize and present information from diverse sources.
- Capacity to build networks with external entities, including other USG agencies, host governments, NZGOs, private sector entities and local officials strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication in an intercultural team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with sensitive information in a professional manner.
- Previous experience managing overseas humanitarian assignments, preferably in high risk or unstable environments required.
- At least 3 years of experience working in fragile, complex, conflict, post-conflict and/or transitioning environments required.
- Specialized expertise in managing the safety and security operations of a donor agency, bilateral or multilateral organization, international non-governmental organization or private company required.
- Prior experience working with local security personnel required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of comprehensive safety and security operations planning and day-to-day management skills.
- Knowledge of drafting and implementing safety and security protocols in high risk environments.
- Exceptional ability to forecast future safety and security needs and knowledge of best practices to address these needs required.
- Proven ability to plan and operate in a rugged, constrained and/or crisis field environment.
- Oral and written fluency in English required; fluency in French and/or Arabic preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing required.
- Full proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word and PowerPoint required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in security administration, operations, crisis management, international development or other relevant field required.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile or conflict prone zones.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.