We are currently seeking a Senior Analyst to apply high-level expertise to provide a range of analytical and technical skills to support the delivery of our ClimateWorks International Program. Experience in climate finance, environmental economics and/or developing ‘whole of economy’ or sectoral mitigation strategies will give you the edge we’re looking for. This new role will join a high performing and dynamic team based in Melbourne, Australia, with regular travel to South East Asia and the Pacific Islands.
ClimateWorks Australia is an expert, independent adviser, acting as a bridge between research and action, to enable new approaches that deliver end to end solutions to climate change and accelerate the transition to net zero emissions by 2050. Our collaborative approach encompasses a thorough understanding of the constraints of governments and the practical needs of business. Our international program aims to support the transition to a climate safe future in Southeast Asia and the Pacific, by strengthening the capacity of key stakeholders in the public, private, civil society and research sectors to develop and implement long-term, lowest emissions development strategies and sectoral transition road-maps, with a strong focus on supporting increased public and private investment.
The Senior Analyst will apply high-level expertise to lead the analytical approach of the International Program. The position is highly collaborative, and works directly with a diverse range of stakeholders to build capacity or co-deliver targeted data modelling and analysis to inform the development of low emissions development strategies and related investment approaches. The role will also be responsible for new research that can help to build the case for strong climate action across our priority countries in Southeast Asia (Indonesia, Viet Nam and the Philippines) and the Pacific Islands, in order to contribute new thinking to the regional knowledge base.
As the successful Senior Analyst, you will be required to:
- Lead delivery of strategic low emissions development research and data analysis projects as required, by developing and implementing frameworks and methodologies, developing hypotheses based on stakeholder needs and interests, conduct data analysis and modelling and actively participating in quality assurance for both inputs and outputs of data analysis for own work as well as other project partners work when relevant.
- Lead the development and delivery of a technical capacity building strategy for the international program, based on needs assessment of target stakeholders, and evaluation of various education modalities (e.g. MOOCs, face to face delivery etc).
- Provide analytical input and guidance on narrative development for specialised reports, publications and presentations on highly complex issues for a variety of audiences, including non-technical and multilingual stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships and networks with key stakeholders, project partners, global decarbonisation technical experts, global and regional think tanks, and proactively seek opportunities for program growth, knowledge sharing and collaboration.
Your strong stakeholder engagement skills, experience with interdisciplinary work and a profound interest in understanding and addressing complex climate and sustainable development challenges, together with your demonstrated ability to lead project work and substantial financial or economic analytical experience, and demonstrated experience working in South East Asia and/or the Pacific will set you up for success in this role.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then please get in touch, international applications welcome. Please supply the following documentation as part of your application:
- A copy of your CV and cover letter
- Evidence of Key Selection Criteria (see requirements)
Enquiries can be directed to Meg Argyriou, Head of International Programs via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sharna Nolan, International Program Manager via phone +61 437 175 255 or email email@example.com
Position Description is attached
About the Organization
ClimateWorks Australia is an expert, independent adviser, acting as a bridge between research and action, to enable new approaches and solutions that enable end to end solutions to climate change and accelerate the transition to net zero emissions by 2050. Our collaborative approach encompasses a thorough understanding of the constraints of governments and the practical needs of the business. We seek to support similar work in the Pacific and South-East Asia through our ‘Pathways to Prosperity’ program, focusing on up to 10 developing countries across Southeast Asia and the Pacific to develop and implement long-term net zero emissions development pathways. Developed by ClimateWorks Australia and delivered through a partnership approach, the program will strengthen the capacity of key stakeholders in the public, private, civil society and research sectors to develop and implement long-term, lowest emissions development strategies and sectoral transformation road-maps.