The Clean Cooking Alliance works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. Established in 2010, the Alliance is driving consumer demand, mobilizing investment to build a pipeline of scalable businesses, and fostering an enabling environment that allows the sector to thrive. Clean cooking transforms lives by improving health, protecting the climate and environment, empowering women, and helping consumers save time and money.
Achieving universal access to clean cooking solutions requires scaling up a range of technologies and business models. The Alliance’s work is built around three core pillars:
- Driving consumer demand for cleaner, more modern stoves and fuels by supporting behavior change and awareness-raising interventions;
- Mobilizing investment to build a pipeline of scalable businesses capable of delivering affordable, appropriate, high-quality clean cooking products; and
- Fostering an enabling environment for industry growth by advocating for effective and predictable policies, providing trusted, relevant data, and serving as the convener and champion of the clean cooking sector.
The Alliance is seeking a Senior Associate to support the Alliance’s efforts related to driving consumer demand for cleaner cooking through behavior change and awareness-raising interventions. The Senior Associate, Demand and Behavior Change, Clean Cooking Alliance (Alliance) will support the design and management of consumer-facing interventions across multiple countries, including mass media campaigns and community level outreach, that aim to motivate consumer purchase and consistent use of cleaner cooking options.
The Senior Associate will also support efforts to build partnerships to facilitate further communication of clean cooking related messages, and increased access of clean cooking solutions, through complementary programs and initiatives. They will also support the exchange of best practices for demand and behavior change in the clean cooking sector, namely through preparation and dissemination of materials such as fact sheets, reports, and other materials.
The Senior Associate will report to the Senior Director for Demand and Policy and will work closely with Alliance global staff.
- Provide programmatic, research and administrative support to the Clean Cooking Alliance’s demand and behavior change program.
- Support management of the Alliance’s demand and behavior change grant portfolio, including providing technical input and ongoing oversight; drafting and tracking budgets, contracts and agreements; compilation of data, knowledge and best practices; and dissemination of information on grant activities and results.
- Coordinate with Alliance in-country teams and partners on demand and behavior change grants and initiatives to ensure alignment on program goals and activities.
- Develop and manage dissemination of materials such as fact sheets, newsletter articles, event briefings, meeting summaries, and press releases; and develop content for Alliance webpages related to demand and behavior change.
- Manage an online resource library for behavior change related materials and resources relevant to the clean cooking sector, and contribute to the development of new resources, including toolkits and training materials for partner use.
- Draft reports for donors and support the development of proposals for new funding.
- Research potential partnerships for mainstreaming clean cooking in consumer-facing communications already reaching the Alliance’s target audiences, focusing on organizations with expertise and reach in multiple focus countries.
- Support the management of the Alliance’s partner working groups related to demand and behavior change.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for meetings.
- Perform other projects as agreed upon.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in communications, marketing/business administration, public health, energy, international development, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in social and behavior change communication and/or marketing.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (speaking, writing, editing, and listening) including ability to synthesize information and communicate it to different audiences.
- Experience managing grants and activities across multiple projects and countries.
- Self-starter with energy, creativity, openness and flexibility.
- Ability to move projects forward from inception to implementation to completion, and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and enjoy effective working relationships with people, internally, across an organization’s functions; and, externally, from a wide variety of types of organizations, cultural backgrounds, and with a wide variety of functional expertise.
- Ability to represent the organization with professionalism, diplomacy and self-confidence.
- Personal commitment to advancing the goals of the Clean Cooking Alliance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
Benefits and Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- A choice of two health plans through CareFirst (PPO or HDHP with HSA),
- dental insurance,
- vision discounts,
- flexible spending accounts,
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution,
- group term and supplemental life insurance,
- short-term disability,
- long-term disability,
- health club discounts,
- commuter benefits, and
- employee assistance program.
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of parental leave.
About the Organization
The United Nations Foundation links the UN’s work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women's empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access, and U.S.-UN relations.