Job DescriptionPosition summary:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Institutional Relations (IR) and working as part of an international team of fundraising professionals, the Senior Associate, Institutional Relations plays a critical role in ensuring timely delivery of high quality donor reports and provides strategic writing support to proposal development, with an emphasis on Rainforest Alliance’s work in Latin America and also backstopping Global Programs and the broader IR Team as needed. Collaborating with other members of the IR team, as well as finance and program staff, s/he adapts and implements efficient systems to remind, track, compose and review reports on institutional donor commitments, and under the direction of the Senior Manager, will deliver targeted writing support on six and seven-figure institutional funding proposals.
- Institutional funding carries with it specific reporting commitments that serve to document program performance and impact. Strong reporting is key to ensure continuous funding to Rainforest Alliance’s landscape-level programs, as well as to maintain a good reputation as an organization that successfully delivers on commitments. This position is needed to ensure effective stewardship with our institutional funders, helping us gain additional revenue that will result in Rainforest Alliance’s financial security;
- Securing six and seven-figure grants is needed to ensure the financial stability of Rainforest Alliance’s landscape-level programs. This position will provide much needed support to facilitate the writing and editing of multiple strong proposals for funding by key IR supporters;
- Helps lead the development of high-quality reports to institutional funders, working closely with Rainforest Alliance senior program staff, field staff, and finance staff in the process;
- Plays a critical role in carrying out cross-departmental work streams by sending reminders, developing work plans, managing appropriate formats, and creating and editing content as needed to deliver the final reporting products;
- Coordinates with Global Administration, Legal, Finance, and Program staff to facilitate execution of new grant agreements as well as to review all grant agreements to ensure proper documentation of grant requirements in IR’s record keeping systems;
- Support and sometimes lead the development of large proposals to IR donors for work in Latin America, convening go/no-go calls when appropriate, creating opportunity summaries, and advancing the overall proposal development process;
- Write and edit reports, concept papers, and proposals related to institutional donor support for Rainforest Alliance’s work in Latin America;
- Input and track all reporting requirements for corporate, foundation, and government grants in Latin America or Global Programs as needed in Rainforest Alliance’s donor database;
- Develop and implement internal processes that result in strong technical and financial reporting on all grants;
- Liaise with finance department to ensure that financial reporting is consistent with content and timing of technical reporting;
- Work in a highly collaborative manner, building the overall capacity of the IR Team and adapting as needed to Rainorest Alliance’s dynamic funding and reporting priorities;
- Assist development colleagues with the writing and editing of donor collateral and other written materials to be presented to funders; and
- Proactively identify new funding sources to help ensure healthy financial pipeline growth for future years.
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Must have a passion for writing and demonstrated ability to deliver high quality written products;
- Detail oriented, resourceful, flexible and able to work under tight deadlines;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in institutional fundraising with proven understanding of reporting and internal grants management;
- Previous project management experience and demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships across cultures and time zones;
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with fluency in English and Spanish;
- Strong knowledge of conservation and sustainable development issues required, experience living or working in Latin America desirable;
- Fast learner and technically competent, preferably with experience utilizing databases to manage information, reminders and documents;
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, work environment – experience within a global organization preferred;
- Able to work well both within a team and independently;
- High degree of skill in using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required; and
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
Commensurate with experience.
Only candidates authorized to work in the US will be considered
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.