The successful applicant will join the Financial Management team at an Associate level and be responsible for supporting the development of effective financial proposals for a range of international clients. The Pricing Associate is also expected to provide strategic advice to Project Directors/Managers and must have the capacity to bridge project technical approaches with consequent costs and rates of return.
The primary responsibilities of the Pricing Senior Associate, include, but are not limited to:
* Support the team in developing proposals for all major international development clients
* Ensure quality assurance of commercial proposal (inclusive of cost/price models and applications, and commercial tenders) development in the US
* Manage the development of forecasts for new business
* Coordinate and evaluate pricing inputs (partner inputs, program expenses, labour, and other sources)
* Develop commercial proposal outlines and alignment with input/resource needs
* Conduct Value for Money analyses and create cost effectiveness narratives
* Research salary rates, equipment costs, exchange rates, office costs, and other various costs and expenses that are used in the development of a financial proposal
* Ensure compliance with government and client contracting regulations applicable to the development of commercial proposals
* Ensure timely completion of compliant commercial proposals
* Assess solicitation requirements and ensure development of compliance checklists.
* Create and modify budget spreadsheet templates in accordance with individualized project requirements
Minimum education and experience required
* Degree in Financial Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or related field.
* 3 to 5 years of work experience, and a background in cost estimating, financial risk assessment, and the development of performance based payment plans preferred.
Key competencies and professional expertise required
* Understanding of international development sector and/or government contract services
* Advanced ability in developing project financial models, budgeting and forecasting tools
* Understanding of project accounting and linkages to project management
* Proven ability to convey financial concepts to non-financial managers (training, coaching, tool development)
* High level of attention to detail and accuracy
* Good organisational and planning skills
* High standard of written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent skills in Microsoft Office particularly advanced Excel
* Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.