We are currently recruiting for a Senior Auditor to join Save the Children’s Global Assurance function in our central London office. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Auditor with the ability to understand complex financial, regulatory and operational risk in a dynamic environment and a large international development and humanitarian organization.
The Global Assurance team is located across three ‘hubs’ (London, Nairobi and Manila); and the London hub is also the primary internal audit service provider to Save the Children Fund (SCUK), a Save the Children Member organization (and a UK-registered Charity). The Senior Auditor will help support Global Assurance’s broader strategic aims and work plan, but will primarily be focussed on the delivery of the internal audit plan for SCUK [this may also broaden in scope to other Member organisations in future years]. The position is currently funded for two years but is likely to continue thereafter.The role holder will be expected to confidently and capably act as the lead for, or be part of, a team delivering high quality, outcomes-focussed internal audit assignments, reviews, investigations and other work assigned to them to meet agreed professional standards and stakeholder expectations, on time and within budget. Where required, they will be expected to work closely with the teams of SCUK’s co-sourced arrangement with an external professional services firm. Building credibility through effective collaboration and a solutions-driven approach to internal audit are key to this role.
In order to be successful you will be/bring:
- strong experience of conducting risk-based reviews of systems and processes (with a good understanding of the three lines of defence model), identifying weaknesses and areas of improvements with minimum supervision and support
- a demonstrable ability to focus on key issues, enabling auditees to focus on crucial matters of control and oversight
- be highly accurate, detail-orientated, and able to complete multiple projects, with conflicting priorities, on a timely basis
- have strong experience in producing high quality effective written communication e.g. reports, in English; and have exceptional communication skills and is able to articulate effectively at all levels (in English).
- have strong interpersonal communication and coaching skills including a demonstrable ability to deliver difficult messages with tact and confidence
- be willing to undertake limited amount of travel in UK and work remotely with minimum supervision
- have a strong cultural awareness and be able to work well with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures; and be able to demonstrate standards of ethics and integrity
- be committed to Save the Children’s values
- experience in auditing within the UK Charities Sector and or working within UK fundraising/ marketing compliance and/or UK charities SORP is highly desirable
- have INGO experience or have worked in a commercial/public sector international organisation
- have some experience of grant requirements of major donors such as EC/ECHO, DfID
- have an aptitude for financial analyses
- have some experience of Agresso financial software, and/ or of IT audit
About the Organization
Save the Children in a federated Membership based organization employing approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in 117 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the rights of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.