Requisition ID: req1784
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst, ERP Finance
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities that support them, as well as with those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC has defined a new strategic mission and vision, along with information technology infrastructure and applications initiatives and key processes that will deliver to the strategic objectives. IRC is deploying an Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP) that will bring together our supply chain, finance and related grant management processes allowing for a single point of data entry and reference; better quality through clear workflows; and visibility into key data across functions to inform decision making around the globe.
The Senior Business Analyst, ERP Finance is responsible for being the Finance Functional Lead on the ERP project. The lead represents the finance department’s business interests on the team. While reporting to the Director, Finance Operations, the Lead is responsible for day-to-day solution development decisions consulting with the HQ Finance team and working closely with ERP project team members, primarily the core team, solution architect and ERP Project Director.
* Organizes and leads the finance functional workstream for the ERP project.
* Responsible for finance process design during ERP design, including creation, review and approval of detailed “to be” business scenarios, processes, workflows and use cases.
* Understands core financial processes (e.g. accounting entries, financial reporting, month end close, etc.) and the impact of transactional changes on downstream processes as the system is designed.
* Contributes to all finance process & system requirements, design and review sessions and detailed business scenarios to help define and test the solution.
* Acts as liaison to and coordinator of input from the Finance subject matter experts in HQ, extended core team and field experts in our US and international offices.
* Organizes and controls business acceptance testing of the solution for the finance function.
* Other duties as assigned by the Director, Finance Operations.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Director, Business Operations
Position directly supervises: Finance Business Analyst
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent financial degree
* At least 5 years of experience within an NGO environment and fund accounting;
* Knowledge of financial processes, required
* Experience with ERP or system implementations, including financial design, preferred not required. IRC will be deploying Microsoft Dynamics 365
* 3-5 years of management experience
* Ability to develop strong, strategic partnerships with finance, programs and operations staff
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and above average organization skills
* Attention to detail, a drive for accuracy and a strong work ethic
* Ability to accurately process detailed information
* The position will work in the New York City Headquarters location
* Standard office work environment
* Limited travel may be required
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.