This position is a key position reporting to the Director of Finance & Administration and works closely with the Business Development team to develop pricing strategies and models, cost proposals, detailed budgets and budget notes for international development opportunities with the US Government, foreign governments, and private donors/foundations. The candidate must demonstrate a capacity to interact collaboratively with co-workers and consultants. Primary job responsibilities are to ensure that accurate proposal budgets and budget notes are submitted to donors in accordance with the proposal submission guidelines and V37 policies and procedures. In addition, s/he will assist in the development of tools and templates to evaluate pricing strategies and understand organizational cost recovery, as well as delivering internal training to the organization on how to utilize them. In addition to Business Development support, the candidate may also support budget realignments and ad hoc program budget needs, as well as providing financial program support to the existing project portfolio.
This position is based in Minnesota, Washington DC, or remote.
- Collaborate with the Business Development team to develop pricing strategy models for new potential funders.
- Provide support for bid/no bid decisions.
- Lead cost response and pricing efforts for proposals with values ranging from a few hundred thousand dollars to $40M+ for solicited and non-solicited Business Development opportunities with the US Government, non-USG Government organizations (i.e.: FCDO, EU, Irish Aid, UN, etc.) and other NGO’s / private foundations and funders.
- Write cost / pricing narratives that match the approved excel budget using the donor or V37 approved template.
- Work with sub partners to complete subcontract budgets and narratives.
- Interface with clients, senior management, peer staff, subcontractors, and all other relevant internal and external entities as necessary to prepare, negotiate, and finalize cost and pricing activities.
- Build new and manipulate existing budget templates which meet donor specifications for budget submissions utilizing advanced spreadsheet techniques.
- Develop and maintain budgeting guidance materials and ensure those standards are followed during the budgeting process.
- Provide formal and informal guidance and staff training on pricing issues and pricing proposal development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Political Science, Business, Finance, Economics or related studies.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an international development context, including 3 years of those with experience in financial analysis and budgeting.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task with ease and produce high-quality deliverables in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent oral, written, analytical and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Advanced proficiency with spreadsheets and other MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of US government agencies, private foundations, NGOs, and/or non-US Government donors (i.e. DFID/FCDO, Irish Aid, EU, DFAT, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to travel on capture trips when required.
About the Organization
Land O'Lakes Venture37 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening local agriculture, helping agribusinesses create jobs and linking farmers to markets. Since 1981, it has implemented over 315 integrated dairy, livestock and crops development programs in nearly 80 countries — creating lasting impact by linking farmers, businesses, and the public and private sector in local and global contexts. Land O’Lakes Venture37’s long-standing affiliation with Land O’Lakes, Inc. sets it apart. Land O’Lakes, Inc. is one of America’s largest farmer-owned cooperatives. It supports Land O’Lakes Venture37 project implementation with nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights and technologies. This gives Land O’Lakes Venture37 development projects a unique global view of agriculture, food and the power of well-functioning market systems. Land O’Lakes, Inc. supports these efforts as part of its enterprise purpose of Feeding Human Progress at home and around the world.