Job DescriptionEssential Duties:
• Lead business development activities for or in support of technical divisions within IDG. This may include identifying, researching, and analyzing new opportunities; supporting business capture; and managing, leading and writing proposals for work funded by USAID and other key donors and clients.
• Explore business opportunities in key IDG markets to include countries with an existing RTI presence or new countries. Advise on the selection of new capture markets over time.
• Responsible for identifying, understanding and developing potential clients to include host government and private sector; identifying and qualifying key partner organizations and possible staff; and evaluating competitor activities.
• Contributes to proposal sections and serves as lead or supporting writer as required.
•• Responsible for keeping potential clients and key contacts •warm•.
• Provide routine business development activity updates to Salesforce.
• Represent IDG to donors, private sector companies, foundations, and professional and voluntary associations, identifying synergies and developing partnerships and alliances as appropriate. Present and speak effectively on RTI•s broader institutional capabilities.
• Identify and develop public-private partnerships (PPPs) and cost-share alliances with private sector, foundation, and non-governmental partners.
• Responsible for communicating business development intelligence gathered to technical divisions and field staff in a timely and open manner.
• Participate in broad IDG representation to clients and partners, as required in Washington DC or elsewhere to include active networking through RTI institutional memberships, attendance at work-related events, and promotion of RTI broadly in the international development community.
Qualifications:•- Master•s Degree in business administration, communications, international relations or related field with 6 years of related work experience; or Bachelor•s Degree in business administration, communications, international relations or related field with 10 years of relevant work experience.•
- Experience leading and writing winning proposals for USAID, DfID, Australian Aid, or other key donors in the international development sector.
- Experience developing public-private partnerships preferred.
- International field experience in developing countries preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively represent an organization and win new business.
- Strong coordination and collaboration skills with proven experience applied in international context.
- Excellent computer skills, including the ability to manage and organize large quantities of qualitative data.
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce and/or SharePoint preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to travel internationally for extended periods as needed.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Culturally sensitive and respectful.
- Proficiency in French, Spanish and/or Arabic preferred
About the OrganizationIDG Governance & Economic Development